Sky HD outputs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Hi, I have sky HD supplying my main tv via HDMI and two other 14 inch crt tvs via the two RF outputs at the back of the sky box. I am planning to get a 32inch lcd and am wondering if it will be possible to supply it with the component connection on the sky box? If I do will it supply HD or just regular D? Will it send the terrestrial signals like bbc? Any help or opinions would be appreciated, thanks in advance Howard.

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
If your Sky+HD has the component outputs then yes it will output everything from the box over the component connections.

As component is only video you will need an audio connection as well.

I get all SD/HD over a 2 x 12 metre run of sheilded cat5 via the component outputs on my SKY+HD.

In cat 5 there are 4 pairs, as 3 pairs are required for component, I need a second cable for stereo audio.

Component does not support HDCP, but this is not an issue at the moment, however Sky have not ruled out using HDCP for some content in the future and any programmes that used this would not then work.

All current Sky+HD boxes do not have component output now.

A

Anonymous

Lucky me! thanks for the info digigriffin, hd in two rooms from one box and one subscription is a result.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts