Sky HD & Onkyo 605 setup - HDMI leads

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have the kit listed below - can you advise on 2 issues please: 1. Fast pictures from Sky are not clear on my TV (and make me feel a bit sick). Will I get a significant improvement if I upgrade the HDMI cable which came free with the SKY HD box? If so, which cables would you suggest? 2. I want to connect the Sky HD box and my DVD upscaler to the TV and the Onkyo 605. Understand that I need optical cables for sound, but should I connect HDMI cables via the Onkyo or direct to the TV (it has 2 HDMI inputs), therefore not needing a third HDMI lead? Is there any significant difference in picture quality either way?. Thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
You can do either. If you want to limit your cables, hdmi to Onkyo from your screen, hdmi from Onkyo to Sky HD. Optical from Sky HD to Onkyo. Hdmi from DVD to Onkyo and coaxial from DVD to Onkyo. I don't think you would notice any difference by going directly or indirectly. And yes, I believe a decent hdmi cable would improve on the one that comes free from Sky. However, as you are going to need three I would try out some 1080p capable leads for about £20 each (check out audiovisualonline.com) and see if you can see an improvement before going to mad with your cables.

TRENDING THREADS