Sky+ HD box cost

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone seen the latest Sky+ HD box cost?? It's £49 (with free standard
set-up).

I currently have Virgin plus but now very interested in switching to Sky.
The only thing that’s stopping me is the Virgin broadband (20mg) which I
consider excellent and the fact that I don't want a satellite dish on my
house!!

I am very pleased with the Virgin services (no problems or issues with any
of the equipment or services – contrary to popular opinion!).

Although, Virgin have very limited HD (however, I understand there is a deal
with ITV very soon) and I’m sick of not being able to watch certain films in
HD.

Big dilemma – change to Sky or stick with Virgin??

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
vineetpatel69:
Has anyone seen the latest Sky+ HD box cost?? It's £49 (with free standard
set-up).

I currently have Virgin plus but now very interested in switching to Sky.
The only thing that's stopping me is the Virgin broadband (20mg) which I
consider excellent and the fact that I don't want a satellite dish on my
house!!

I am very pleased with the Virgin services (no problems or issues with any
of the equipment or services - contrary to popular opinion!).

Although, Virgin have very limited HD (however, I understand there is a deal
with ITV very soon) and I'm sick of not being able to watch certain films in
HD.

Big dilemma - change to Sky or stick with Virgin??

Cor, imagine all the great shows you will be able to watch in HD on ITV!!!

Sky Broadband is excellent. The dish can be fairly hidden (especially if you have a South facing garden). The amount of HD on Sky is growing all the time. I mean Virgin has BBC HD and might get ITV HD. Sky has loads of HD channels, film, sport, Nature... The only channel available in HD it doesn't have is ITV. Now apart from Champions League football, that bothers me not a jot!

A

Anonymous

Good point re. ITV HD! (can't think of anything I watch on ITV anyway!).

May even consider keeping Virgin broadband and then getting Sky+ TV package. Does anyone know if all Sky dishes are a standard size? (or is there something smaller available?). Surely the technology has moved on over the last 15 years!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Full news story on the Sky+ HD price cut just posted here. Really no excuse for me not to ditch Virgin now...
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I have SkyHD and Virgin Media broadband.

I wouldnt change to Sky broadband as the speed is variable depending on the BT exchange that you are connected to. Virgin Media is fibre optic delivered so IMHO is much more reliable.... i have had Virgin Media broadband for years and have had no problems at all.

As for SkyHD there are loads of HD channels, virtually all the Sky Movies / Sports channels have HD equivalents .... and the dishes really arent that big.

Go for it

A

Anonymous

Just ordered Sky+ HD today and it says i will still get the M&S vouchers on the acknowledgement, but small print says it finished yesterday - anyone reckon they will honour it? (By the way this wasnt the selling point, but it would be nice).

Did this new £49 offer start today, hence why the M&S deal finished yersterday - or if i'd been a bit quicker yesterday would i have been OK?

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Just doing the cost/benefit analysis at the moment!

Currently on VIP package with Virgin = £86 per month.

Keeping Virgin broadband (£36 per month) and take Sky Package (£61.50 per month) = total £97.50 per month.

So, (ignoring the one off installation costs) additional monthly cost £11.50 for much more HD content. Hmmmm.....given the current economic climate I'll have to think about this a bit more!!

A

Anonymous

tubby:
Just ordered Sky+ HD today and it says i will still get the M&S vouchers on the acknowledgement, but small print says it finished yesterday - anyone reckon they will honour it? (By the way this wasnt the selling point, but it would be nice).

Did this new £49 offer start today, hence why the M&S deal finished yersterday - or if i'd been a bit quicker yesterday would i have been OK?

Cheers.

I've just checked online and you still get the M&S £50 vouchers (with the £49 Sky HD install).

A

Anonymous

Thanks vineetpatel69, do you have a link to the page you saw this, i can only find the small print as i said?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

tubby:
Thanks vineetpatel69, do you have a link to the page you saw this, i can only find the small print as i said?

Thanks.

http://packages.sky.com/buy/?QS=true&see_mix_selection=Variety&see_extras=&speak=FreeTime&surf_level=Base&equipment=SkyHD

Online M&S Voucher offer: New Sky TV subscribers
only. Offer only available when joining Sky online and not by any other
means e.g. via a retail outlet or by calling Sky. Limited to one per
household. You must Join Sky TV online by Wednesday 4 February 2009 and
have your Sky TV activated by Tuesday 31 March 2009 to qualify for this
offer. Vouchers sent within 30 days of Sky TV activation and subject to
separate terms and conditions. Not available in conjunction with any
other offer except for free HD Pack offer.

A

Anonymous

I just tried to cancel my Virgin services in favour of this Sky deal and got told that they would charge me £120 disconnection fee!!!(and I'm supposed to be a VIP customer!).

Just checking the small print to see if this is correct! Has anyone else had issues moving across from Virgin to Sky??

A

Anonymous

ajeffo:
I have SkyHD and Virgin Media broadband.

I wouldnt change to Sky broadband as the speed is variable depending on the BT exchange that you are connected to. Virgin Media is fibre optic delivered so IMHO is much more reliable.... i have had Virgin Media broadband for years and have had no problems at all.

As for SkyHD there are loads of HD channels, virtually all the Sky Movies / Sports channels have HD equivalents .... and the dishes really arent that big.

Go for it

Virginmedia is NOT fibre optic - check the back of your router - it's coax which is copper and it's still copper up the street.

TRENDING THREADS