SKY+ HD and Lip Sync

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just got Sky HD and had the box changed twice after complaining to the Exec Customer Complaints. I have also had a senior engineer admit that the Lip Sync issue is a problem of Sky. Apparantly they keep issuing fixes however customers are STILL getting the problem on a variety of boxes. Keep the pressure on SKY as I believe that it is unacceptable to have a service with problems like this. I have been told in the next two weeks there is a BIG upgrade but he stated he could not tell me more!

Wightknight

Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
Have you tried doing a firmware update?

This cured the problem completely for me.

Many thanks to daveh75 for this:

to do a firmware update,

switch the box off at the mains, press and hold the "back up" button and switch the mains back on whilst keeping the "back up" button pressed

after about 20 seconds all the lights on the box will come on,you can now let go of the back up button.

the box is now downloading the firmware takes about 20 minutes

when the box has finished downloading it will switch into standby mode leave for a couple of minutes then switch the box back on

job done

ianr23gp

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Interesting. I've had a few problems with lip sync and played around with the audio delay. Some channels are perfect and others a bit more problematic so have left the setting at the happy medium, i.e. about 95% channels are fine.

When you do a firmware update does the box still need to be connected to the satellite aerial? We had ours installed without the ethernet cable as it was over the other side of our room...

A

Anonymous

I was informed by the senior tech man at SKY that the firmware update does not always work and customers are still complaining. SKY are beginning to wash there hands and have asked me to consider a de-install! Hows that for 14 years of been a customer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts