Sky Glass TV confirmed with built-in Sky Q and Dolby Atmos – no box, no dish necessary

lostwelshman

Oct 7, 2021
Visit site
Interesting but what we are really waiting for is a set-top box that provides SkyQ to our existing TV's via broadband please. 🙏
Totally agree, I was waiting for a box, similar to Apple TV, that gave you the same GUI and controller as the sky Q box but simply connected to channels over the internet. I feel like this tv, although impressive and a clever idea with the integration and sound bar, is too late to the race as most people have now committed to a new 4K hdr tv so will not be willing to move to this new glass service.

Reactions: DREADZONE

ddaye01

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
Just wondered if there's any information yet as to the manufacturer of Sky Glass TV's? Also, if my memory is correct, I believe that Sky used to sell SKY-branded flat screen TV's in the early 2000's?!

D

Deleted member 196519

Who wants a Sky TV! :(

At least I have Now TV on my LG OLED! :)

Hifiman

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
Who wants a Sky TV! :(

At least I have Now TV on my LG OLED! :)

Exactly. After all the pre-launch hype this is really disappointing. These look like (likely) overpriced televisions which tie you to using Sky for 4 years. No haggling for you. If you wish to receive Sky via the internet then why not just use Now using your existing television and dip in and out of it according to when sufficient new content becomes available.

D

Deleted member 196519

Exactly. After all the pre-launch hype this is really disappointing. These look like (likely) overpriced televisions which tie you to using Sky for 4 years. No haggling for you. If you wish to receive Sky via the internet then why not just use Now using your existing television and dip in and out of it according to when sufficient new content becomes available.
Yep. (y)

Reactions: DREADZONE

DREADZONE

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Totally agree, I was waiting for a box, similar to Apple TV, that gave you the same GUI and controller as the sky Q box but simply connected to channels over the internet. I feel like this tv, although impressive and a clever idea with the integration and sound bar, is too late to the race as most people have now committed to a new 4K hdr tv so will not be willing to move to this new glass service.
I imagine "the same GUI and controller as the sky Q box but simply connected to channels over the internet" concept would mean having to put up with the same clunky fast forward / rewind options that streaming has . . . or were you thinking we could download via the internet and then watch progs with full Sky Q functionality? - in effect streaming via Sky Q! . . . now that would be fun!

D

Deleted member 196519

Oh well done sir,,,,,how good is that 1080p picture on your 4k oled??
Laughable.
It’s actually very good - thanks! I never watch 4K content on it, although NOW TV will soon be in 4K too. Not so laughable now, eh?

How‘s that rubbish Sky TV? haha

D

Deleted member 196519

Oh well done sir,,,,,how good is that 1080p picture on your 4k oled??
Laughable.
And I don’t even have NOW TV so I don’t know what you’re on about!

I have Sky HD in 1080P or what was 1080i and it looks darn good! :)

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
This product would be useful if my flat screen set broke down, and was unrepairable, for some reason, an interest free product for 4 years, from what I read you are committed to a 2 year subscription, it looks like a great deal to me, just could do with more than 2Tb of storage. My Sony KDL2000W which is going well for over 10 years! A Sky puck could be used for my multiroom.

lovlid

May 24, 2009
Visit site
And I don’t even have NOW TV so I don’t know what you’re on about!

I have Sky HD in 1080P or what was 1080i and it looks darn good! :)
Your quote ‘At least I have Now TV on my LG OLED!’
So what are you on about??
And then you said ‘I never watch 4K content on it,’
further implying you have it.
And then there’s this, ‘although NOW TV will soon be in 4K too’
It’s been out two or three years now, but has been discontinued.
Laughable??
Very.

D

Deleted member 196519

Sounds like they will soon do the Glass TV in an OLED screen anyway.

D

Deleted member 196519

Sounds like they will soon do the Glass TV in an OLED screen anyway.
I think I will wait for this and see the price. The 2 year warranty is putting me off though!

D

Deleted member 196519

I have decided not to get Sky Glass TV and go back to my original statements about it. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts