Sky engineer due, need advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After a year away i'm going back to sky on a deal, the week before my last contract finished my box developed a fault which i never got anyone to look at and its still present now. I have a tompson box model 902020 version 4e3004 basically on a lot of channels i get a message saying no sat signal being received even tho 2 mins previous it was there. on checking settings-signal, input 1 strength/quality is sometimes there but input 2 isn't, the box is also quite noisey. so 1 Is my box slowly dying? 2 Is there anything i can try before the engineer comes tomorrow ? thanks alot

daveh75

stu31:so 1 Is my box slowly dying?As it's a Thomson highly likely!!!

2 Is there anything i can try before the engineer comes tomorrow ?

thanks alotAs Sky have booked a service call, i'll assume the CS agent has already been through power cycling,planner rebuilds an system resets etc with you. So no not really.

A

Anonymous

Nope didn't suggest anything when i agreed the contract i said i thought my box was faulty she just booked an engineer f.o.c, i'll just wait for him to come so he can see it in all its glory !!

thanks for the reply

A

Anonymous

grdunn123:
You're coming back to Sky after a year? Ask for a new Sky HD box for free!

Part of the offer was " must have a working box and dish " i'll see what happens later, i actually tried that last month but didn't get any joy.

A

Anonymous

Well he had a look at my dish which is 15 months old and fine, so he just installed a samsung recon'd one all the channels and both tuners were there so happy days

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts