Sky confirms HDR upgrade plans for older Sky Q boxes

MorriAG

Jun 17, 2020
Visit site
Absolutely disgusting. I have one of the earliest SkyQ boxes but I am paying exactly the same as someone with a new SkyQ box yet I am being asked to pay £50 to “upgrade” plus installation costs to achieve access to the same HDR functionality.
When SkyQ was released Sky said customers wouldn’t own the box it remains the property of Sky. So why don’t they take back the SkyQ box that is now not capable of providing 100% of the service offer and replace it with a new box?

TeleDav

Jun 10, 2020
Visit site
Not going to happen. I'm not paying an extra cash payment for equipment I am renting, it should be a straight swap. And then have the rather massive issue of losing all the content I have recorded on the old box.
I'll do what I usually have to do every few years and leave them. I'll then get the latest equipment and a better deal.

Duchacek

Jun 17, 2020
Visit site
The customer doesn’t own the sky box anymore (before Sky Q everyone owned the box).

and now you have to pay to upgrade the box that you don’t own, to get the service that you’re paying fir but can’t receive. Bloody joke, especially with the high monthly costs and other providers (Virgin) offering HDR years before Sky.

Disgusting actions and another penalty for staying a loyal customers. Best to either break the box and get a new one automatically or just cancel the subscription and get a new one when joining again!

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Absolutely disgusting. I have one of the earliest SkyQ boxes but I am paying exactly the same as someone with a new SkyQ box yet I am being asked to pay £50 to “upgrade” plus installation costs to achieve access to the same HDR functionality.
When SkyQ was released Sky said customers wouldn’t own the box it remains the property of Sky. So why don’t they take back the SkyQ box that is now not capable of providing 100% of the service offer and replace it with a new box?
If you are out of contract, just ring up, and state that you wish to cancel, when they ask you why, say because you prefer Amazon Prime and Netflix for content, and that you don't feel it is fair that you have to pay extra for the HDR upgrade, they will offer it free, otherwise just carry on with the cancellation process, Sky have targets for "churn" rate, you will get a better deal!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts