sky card in humax hd box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
What is the cheapest Conditional Access Module (CAM) available to put a sky card into to enable me to watch sky hd through my humax hd box (to save moving sky box continually between my girfriends house and mine !)

daveh75

keithbowman:What is the cheapest Conditional Access Module (CAM) available to put a sky card into to enable me to watch sky hd through my humax hd box (to save moving sky box continually between my girfriends house and mine !)

The only CAM capable of emulating NDS encryption is a Diablo 2 CAM, but it's not straight forward and even then you'll only be able to de-crypt the FTV channels like Sky 3,Fiver,Five US, C4 HD and Five HD etc.

You would need a a Diablo 2 v3..9 CAM (around £100), a CAS 2 or 3 Programmer (around £50) to programme/update firmware on the CAM, and the relevent firmware updates/PC software to do the programming etc.

A better solution would be a second SkyHD box, tbh. Using your card in a second, un-paired Sky box is possible, but won't decrypt premium channels i.e Movies/Sports , all other channels will clear though.

The other option would be to look at some generic/FTA receivers like the Technomate, which are capable of reading Sky cards in their card readers.

Or any of the Linux receivers, Dreambox, Vu+ or again Technomate make Linux receivers, the downside is, these boxes aren't cheap (for HD versions) and require a lot of setting up. So not really recommended for the novice.

A

Anonymous

Hi Dave-thanks for information-as I am just starting out will just get basic diablo 2 and enjoy the extra FTV HD channels that I can't get with freesat.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts