Sky 5.1 connection!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI, this question has probably been on here hundreds of times but want to see if my sky hd is running 5.1.

My yamaha RX-V667 displays dolby pro logic 2 and audio decoder displays PCM. Looking now eastenders is showing!

Skyhd box is connected via optical and hdmi. Is this correct running PCM or is this not connected properly for 5.1 and what should the amps display read !

I know my blu ray player showing dolby EX and ps3 showing PCM which im aware is normal with a fat ps3 but knowing if my sky box is correct or not is confusing me. Im aware to get 5.1 i need optical which i am using. HELP im confused with this!

Thanks guys DAZ

A

Anonymous

You need to assign the optical input to the HDMI input you are using and then ensure that the programe you are watching is broadcast in 5.1.

A

Anonymous

If its not in 5.1 broadcast is it normal to show PCM then?

A

Anonymous

so when the amp shows`a broadcast in 5.1 will it display differnet to PCM on display? Sorry to sound stupid its new to me home cinema!

A

Anonymous

The problem is that 2.0 and 5.1 are both shown as DD on the sky synopsis, because they are both forms of Dolby digital, and sky does not label 5.1 or 2.0 differently.

Somewhere on the remote or AVR there will be a button called info, if you press this it will change to decoder, then next time it receives a signal if it's 5.1 it usually stay as Dolby Digital and the 5.1 diagrams lights up all the squares, if it's 2.0 only 2 boxes will light up. If your running one of the DSP modes and it's only a 2.0 signal the screen will say PCM then it will change to PLII Movie or whatever you have selected and then change back.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

when you say boxes light up do you mean the speaker box diagram on the amps display 5.1. Yes these are lit up. flicked around a few sky channels briefly but still showing PCM though!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your help.All makes sence but still getting PCM through on sky! Thanks againDAZ

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for your help. Ive finally sorted it now. Why i was getting PCM on sky is that i had HDMI cable in HDMI3 and optical in AV1 on amp. Now HDMI in HDMI4 and optical in AV4 silly me sorted now. Dolby digital displays on amp now GR8!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts