Six Star Hotel

John Duncan

You'll note that they're not my family. Or even my family's family. I just thought they were a rather good band that you might like to hear (for free, on Spotify).

I have also been listening to this:

51Hhf3SzzBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

which you can buy here.

We're not related.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Auntie Edith from Belfast sent me A Kind of Crusade by Six Star Hotel on vinyl: Though I don't have a record player at the mo, it's on Spotify, and is really rather good. Thought is was a bit of an obscure gift, until it turns out that Auntie's boss is one of their mums...

Bit slow reading (ie comprehending) tonight.I'll stick to the cricket.

Edit - I'd love to be related- I can listen to Rumer all day long

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Yep, i love the Rumer album. Just a shame that isn't currently on vinyl - it was made for analogue
emotion-2.gif

I agree, it's a lovely sounding album. More so on vinyl, no doubt.

However, I'm banned from actually playing it now, except when the house is empty. My wife, a Karen-Carpenter devotee, can't hear it without wanting to go to the "source". A bit of an over-reaction, but I can see where she's coming from.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed. On a semi-related note, i've found The Carpenters an excellent way of getting teenage stepson out of bed in the morning/early afternoon when he's failing to emerge - after about 20 minutes he can't stand it any longer, and has to get up to protest
emotion-14.gif

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:You'll note that they're not my family. Or even my family's family. I just thought they were a rather good band that you might like to hear (for free, on Spotify).

I have also been listening to this:

51Hhf3SzzBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

which you can buy here.

We're not related.

Without question the best easy listening album I've heard in a number of years!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts