simple question ,which Rega TT ?

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
hi all , I want to buy a TT for christms , In my case the safest choice is Rega TT . I've found some interesting offers I don't know which one to choose : What would You choose ?

Rega RP1 +PP 298£

Rega p3-24 (no cartrige ) 250£

Rega p3-24 glossy + latest TT PSU (no cartrige ) 350 £

Thank You

Regards domenn

sumit.india

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Rega RP3 or more...

Don't go for RP1 at all.

Prior to take the final discission, please check Project Expression III, because of the award winning NEW CARBON tonearm and VTA adjustment facility.

Rega doesn't bother aboyt VTA, but, trust me, it is very very important to get the perfect tracking.

sumit.india said:
Rega RP3 or more...

Don't go for RP1 at all.

Prior to take the final discission, please check Project Expression III, because of the award winning NEW CARBON tonearm and VTA adjustment facility.

Rega doesn't bother aboyt VTA, but, trust me, it is very very important to get the perfect tracking.

I must correct you there sumit. Rega do bother about VTA, you just have to use the supplied shims. Oh, and VTA does not effect 'tracking'. :)

AmigaNut

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi Ifor,

May I hijack this thread a minute nd ask:

Is the Inspire I2 based on a Rega as the plinth,power switch and cover look remarkably Rega ish.

I have a Rega Rp1 so am not unfamilliar wiith the product.

Just asking for curiosity!

AmigaNut

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Hi AmigaNut,

To be absolutely honest I don't know how much of it is Rega and how much is Inspire, but Inspire HiFi has an excellent reputation. I had my Manticore Mantra modded by them a few months ago. Give Robert Isherwood a call; he's very helpful. A recommend a phone call rather than email based on the knowledge that some of my emails to him have ended up lost in his junk folder.

Ifor

matthewpiano

My personal experience is that Rega still make by far the best turntables at the affordable end of the market. It is worth going for something better than the RP1 - I'd suggest going for the P3-24 if you don't want to stretch to the current RP3.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
My personal experience is that Rega still make by far the best turntables at the affordable end of the market. It is worth going for something better than the RP1 - I'd suggest going for the P3-24 if you don't want to stretch to the current RP3.

I think a Rega P3 £249 + cartridge with free p+p is a bargain. I do not believe there is anything out there new that is better for the money. The RP3 is nearly twice the price with probably only small performance gains and the RP1, whilst a good entry level spinner, is no match for the P3 for just a few quid more. Don't delay grab one! ;)

TRENDING THREADS