Silver High breed or Kimber or some other

opium

May 30, 2010
Visit site
My system is kinda dull on mids with slow bass, amp upgrade is not on cards until sometime in future..

i am using wireworld luna 6, it seams to have somewhat fat low mids which improves scale, but the snare hits are fat and high-hat is like something else going behind the scene

theres a nobrand interconnect i have that is inferior to the wireworld in all respect but its low bandwidth somewhat makes whole of the sound hang better together with more attack on the mids.

i am reading about SBH and kimber for their ability to liven up dull systems, but the downside is may be bright/thin/or tiny sound which doesnt work for me.

its ok for me if theres is less bass weight but overall a right balance, should i consider Avtar of PBJ or advice on any other brand in similar price range with more attack on mids..

Thanks 

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Don't know about Kimber, but the SHB will certainly (in my experience) breathe high frequency life into some systems. The earlier versions may have been a touch lean, but later models have gained in body. Worth a try - you can return if not satisfied. Will is helpful and understands that cables need to be tried and tested. They're good value for money cables. Watch out if you have limited space - they're not all that flexible.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Sounds to me like a pair of my old Kimber 'Silver Streak's would be right up your street.

I've recently moved on from them to a cable that's much more natural, but the Kimber cable is fast and on the lean side, so would pep up a dull system. In fact, before the Kimbers, I had a pair of VDH interconnects and had the same problem you had. The Kimbers were a big step up.

They're not cheap, but Russ Andrews do do a money back trial period, so you could return them if you weren't happy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts