Should the PV1 be positioned in a particular way

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

My TV and front 3 speakers are in the corner of my living room but i'm not sure how I should be positioning my PV1. Has anyone got any suggestions? Should it be parallel with the wall with the whoofers firing sideways into open air or the other way round with one of the whoofers facing the wall?

Thanks,

D

Deleted member 2457

Hems:Hi, My TV and front 3 speakers are in the corner of my living room but i'm not sure how I should be positioning my PV1. Has anyone got any suggestions? Should it be parallel with the wall with the whoofers firing sideways into open air or the other way round with one of the whoofers facing the wall? Thanks,

Position it so you can read the B&W badge at the front, pointing towards where you are.

A

Anonymous

I found placing the PV1 so it's drivers fired along the wall resulted in a very tight base - perfect for music

Placing the PV1 so one of the drivers fired into the wall resulted in a 'bigger' base, which I found to be better with movies.

A

Anonymous

I am just setting my PV1 up for the first time in nearly 2 years due to extensive building work. trouble is I put all my mains leads in a bag and now I can remember which mains lead goes with which bit of kit (I also have Arcam amp and DVD player and Pioneer Plasma) amongst other bits and bobs. There's no mention of this in the supplied instructions. I tend not to throw things away so I've got loads of leads for old kit and I cant remember which one is which.

I'm a bit concerned my kit will get damaged if I use a mains lead with the wrong fuse. Can anyone with a PV1 tell me what fuse I need in the mains lead. If anyone also knows the answer to this for an Arcam AVR 300 a DV79 and a Pioneer 505 XDE that would be much appreciated too.

I understand that with higher power you go for a bigger fuse but I scared of stuffing my subwoofer, etc! Any advice appreciated. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts