Should I upgrade to Onkyo SR608 from Denon AVR-4306

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking about upgrading to take advantage of HDMI 1.4 to be ready for 3D.

Due to costs, want to spend less than I did on the Denon originally, and I do not need to features such as networking or multi-room.

I know there is a September Group test, but from current reviews do not think I will be disappointed with the Onkyo.

I currently have 7.1 Infinity Oreus speakers.

Will I notice a lower quality in cinema/tv sound, or due to THQ Engineering possibly an improvement? I am not too bothered about hifi music sound.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
That @£400-£500 AV amp/receiver group test is in our issue on sale August 24th (with subscribers from 19th August).

Just from initial appraisals of the products, I can inform you that's it's being formally known around these parts as the toughest AV amp shootout we've ever done....

A

Anonymous

You tease
emotion-1.gif
I will wait along with the other readers.

I am trying to get ready for my Sony 3D TV, and I know it makes sense to have patience.

Are you prepared to disclose that if I go for the winner from the WHF Corral event, that I will be happy exchanging my Denon for the winner?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
emotion-16.gif

In the meantime, why not have an audition of the new AV amps? Take along movies you know well - and ideally (feeling strong?!) your Denon for comparison

A

Anonymous

And in the meantime....

Took advice to go and listen to the new Onkyo.

But....

Went to Sevenoaks in Nottingham today and purchased a new Pioneer SC-LX73 - which had just arrived in the store. The stereo sound was amazing and they kindly obliged and set it up in the cinema room for me to audition The Dark Knight.

Way over my budget but after hearing this amazing sound - I had to purchase it - even taking into account the probable difference due to the room and speakers.

I was so impressed, but still managed to bag a free HDMI cable worth £55!

PS. Was very impressed with the helpful staff in the store as well.

A

Anonymous

Yes, a very giant leap.

I should not go into any store with any credit cards on me.

I did use my Tesco CC, so at least I will get some clubcard points
emotion-21.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
David Harwood:I did use my Tesco CC, so at least I will get some clubcard points
emotion-21.gif

Oh well, (adopts homely Jane Horrocks voice) every little helps...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts