should i get rid of my focal 826

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys..

I ve got a cyrus pre xpd and 8 power and using focal 706 as speakers but not getting full benefit frompre amp power combo so I tried the set up with my HT fronty speakers which are the focal chorus 826.Much better, bigger sound and bass but reckon detail and mids are leaving me disapointed plus they are phusically imposing for my listnening area so my question is should I sell them for smaller speakers and get something that would really complement the cyrus gear(I ll put the 706 as front speakers in the ht room..).m not sure where to start looking.M scared of swapping floorstanders for bookshelves speakers even though m pretty sure i d get better sound.what speaker would be a massive improvment over the 826???Spendor sa1, focal electra, b&w 805,atc smc19.....please help me stasrt looking in thr right direction..

A

Anonymous

I think the 826s are nice speakers, and very detailed, so it's surprising to me you say you find it lacking. Perhaps it doesn't go well with the Cyrus gear? In which case maybe you would want to consider changing them.

Before you do that I would experiment with speaker placement, toe-in and perhaps changing speaker cable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts