Shopping list

Quickfired

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Dear all,

Would like some help picking out a new hi-fi, our house got so it’s time to start again from scratch. Currently our budget is about £1200... But I am not sure if what have picked out will work well together. I would like to get...

Bathroom... In ceiling speaker
Kitchen.... In ceiling speaks
Lounge... nice book shelf speakers for more serious listening

As the house has been stripped back I have run speaker wire to the bathroom and kitchen and all the wires come to one point in the lounge, so I was thinking of having the amp and maybe a sonos system.

Any way here is the shopping list,

Bathroom - Monitor Audio C180-T2, Impedance: 6 - 6 Ohms
Kitchen - Monitor Audio CT165 (New Model), Impedance: 6 - 6 Ohms
Lounge - MONITOR AUDIOBRONZE BX1, Impedance: 8 Ohms

Ok then things get more complicated, we have three speakers, however the budget is not going to stretch to two amps, therefore I was looking at getting a splitter like the QED SS20 for the bathroom and kitchen speakers to run off. So they will be on the B channel on the amp. Then when I have more money I will split these out again.

For an amp I was looking at the Yamaha AS500, then the Sonos Zone player.

Can any one let me know if this will also work? Will I be able to run all the speakers together? Will I be able to run the bathroom and kitchen together?

In some ways sound quality is important however connivance and budget also play a part!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts