shop test at your hose

BOB540

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
does any one know if it cost to have a shop come round your house to test a hi fi set up ? and will they bring a selection of speakers and amps and good cable?

Cheers, Bob

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Based on your previous posts for the kit you are looking at, I doubt that any local dealer will come to your house for free or even do it for a fee.

They won't know you in terms of your previous purchasing history, and they would have to carefully pack into boxes a couple of pairs of speakers, amps, etc and bring them round to your house in a van. then they would have to unpack them. After the demo they would have to pack them again, and unpack them when they got back to the store. That's a lot of time and effort that you would have to pay for.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
You usually go to a dealer and audition systems, then they may let you demo it at home, if you want them to install it I'm sure they will but usually at your expense.

Which country are you in?

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
This reminds me of when I was 13. We were doing a read-through of Richard III in our English lessons. The teacher unwisely gave me the part of Richard in Act V. When my big moment came, i went for cheap laughs: 'A hose, a hose! My kingdom for a hose!'

I don't know which kit you're interested in, and which country do you live in. In the UK, you would first demo kits at the dealer and create a rapport with them. Then, when you like a particular combination, you can ask for a home demo of the same kit. You certainly won't get a selection of speakers and amps to test at home together. You would normally be expected to put in a percentage deposit and restocking fee may apply if you decide not to buy anything at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts