Shipping from the US

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently found this: A JVC A-X7 (the better one than my A-X5) on Ebay in New York for a very silly price. However, to ship it to here costs nearly £70 and I'm not sure it would survive the trip. The dealer and I worked out the problem to be with the internal fuse, so that's why it's so cheap. Do you think it's worth shipping it over here? It's a wonderful amplifier...

Also, I would have to either rewire it for three-pin UK connections, or get a step-up transformer. Would such a transformer degrade the quality?

Many thanks!

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
If you are confident that is the fault, then maybe it's worth it.

Yep, you are going to need a step-down transformer unless it's got a voltage selector switch on the back.

If it's got the switch, that is the way to go for both sound quality and ease of use.

If not, I might give it a miss - you are going to need a hefty transformer to do that sort of work. the plug-in ones available won't have the grunt.

A

Anonymous

Its blown a fuse? Well it might of blown because the amp has gone pop!

Sounds risky to me! and not cheap.ÿ

A

Anonymous

fatboyslimfast:If you are confident that is the fault, then maybe it's worth it.

Yep, you are going to need a step-down transformer unless it's got a voltage selector switch on the back.

If it's got the switch, that is the way to go for both sound quality and ease of use.

If not, I might give it a miss - you are going to need a hefty transformer to do that sort of work. the plug-in ones available won't have the grunt.

Yes it is the fuse and it does have a switch actually, so I could just use an adapter?

T

the record spot

Should be alright, but check. My Sansui tuner is American with the standard two prong plug. An adapter plug is available and it's fine for me.

A

Anonymous

I would repeat what the above poster said, you will be liable for VAT, i have been bitten by this before when ordering items from America.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts