Setting Time on Denon DM30

theadmans

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
I just bought an old Denon DM30 micro system for my son's bedroom on eBay.

Unfortunately there is no manual and all the links I have tried online for a pdf manual have been no good.

I cannot figure out how to set the clock time on the unit. I press the Display button on the remote and get to the flashing time but have no idea what keys to press to set the time. I have tried all the usual suspects (number keys and arrow keys etc) but I must be doing something wrong.

Any clever person know how to this ?

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I used to have a Denon UDRA-F10. In that amplifier, you'd set the time by pressing the Display button, then the Tunning up and down buttons to change the number, and Memo to confirm it. It was possible to do this with just the buttons on the unit itself—but for many other things the remote control was required.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
& report back. If it doesn't work I'll see if I can find my manual.

1. Press the menu/set button on component to select display mode
2. Use the +/- button to set the time mode (AM 12:00 blinks)
3. Press the menu/set button for at least 2 seconds (the hour will start blinking)
4. Use the +/- button to set the hour, must roll the hour to change am/pm
5. Press the menu/set button to switch to minutes
6. Use the +/- button to set minutes
7. Press the menu/set button to finish setting the time

theadmans

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
Crocodile said:
& report back. If it doesn't work I'll see if I can find my manual.

1. Press the menu/set button on component to select display mode2. Use the +/- button to set the time mode (AM 12:00 blinks)3. Press the menu/set button for at least 2 seconds (the hour will start blinking)4. Use the +/- button to set the hour, must roll the hour to change am/pm5. Press the menu/set button to switch to minutes6. Use the +/- button to set minutes7. Press the menu/set button to finish setting the time

Thanks very much Crocodile - worked a treat - time now set !

Must say this is a cracking little system for the £45 I paid - my 11 year old son is very lucky. Much better than the Schneider branded music centre I had when I was a lad (used to have to blutac a 2p coin onto the arm to stop the turntable jumping !)

The Denon system even includes a pair of nice bookshelf speakers (which are badged Mission on the rear).

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Yep, lovely little box for what it is. Mine's been out of use for a few years now but can't quite bring myself to part with it.

There's a common fault with grease contaminating the volume control so it only works properly with the remote. Fix is here for future reference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts