Separates System Sorted for £780

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I've spent a little more than intended but i've now got my hi-fi separates sorted.

Originally i was looking at the What Hi-Fi budget system recommendation of Marantz 6002 cd and amp to go with MA BR2's (rrp at £740 but i'd found the 3 for £580) but have now gone for the Marantz 7001 sacd and amp to go with a pair of B+W 685's (rrp at £1105 but with a little ebaying and ex-demo buying i've got the 3 for £780).

Just an upgrade to my interconnects and speaker cable, and away we go.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunatly not. I've arranged for them to come next week as i'm off to Glastonbuy tomorrow. If i'd have got them sooner then there's every chance i would have become too occupied with them and Glastonbury would have had to come from the comfort of my chair.

Second thoughts, avoiding the Glastonbury rain, and watching on my 42" plasma, with my new 685's blasting would have been a far more sensible option.

Thanks for all your help and advice. I'll update you on how i get on next week.

A

Anonymous

I did use B&W as starter system in dorm room (college) but when I compare later to expensive speakers I realise B&W tweeter is not good. Is very cheapy and they too boom. It's like a speaker for nightclub DJ. Boom tizz.

Does the Marantz have the "bright" sound? May not mate well. My friend had Marantz but with Wharefdale Diamond classic speaker but a little tizzy.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
santino.b.it:I did use B&W as starter system in dorm room (college) but when I compare later to expensive speakers I realise B&W tweeter is not good. Is very cheapy and they too boom. It's like a speaker for nightclub DJ. Boom tizz.

I guess it depends which B&Ws you're using. With my Arcam CD & Amp, my 602s never verge into shrill territory, the bass is well controlled too.

A

Anonymous

Big Chris:
I guess it depends which B&Ws you're using. With my Arcam CD & Amp, my 602s never verge into shrill territory, the bass is well controlled too.Have to agree with that. If i hadn't heard my Pro-Ac's i'd have happily just bought the next B&W's my 601 s2's were great with NAD. although in retrospect they're much mellower than my current system.

TRENDING THREADS