Sennheiser IE8 or stick with IE6??

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
So after some deliberation and thought, I have decided to invest in a pair of ACS custom sleeves for my Sennheisers. At the moment I have a pair of IE6 which I am really happy with....however I am Unser whether to keep these or spend some extra money on the IE8's?

The Custom ear pieces for the IE6 are not compatible with the IE8's so whatever I get, I will be keeping for a long time. So my question is directed to Any IE8 owners out there. Are they worth the money and are they considerably better than the IE6?

I listen to a wide range of music....mainly rock, indie, accoustic and a lot of female vocals.

So would the IE8 be a good investment with custom ear pieces....or should I save the money and keep the IE6. I also like the idea that the cable can be changed / upgraded on the IE8

mykspence

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid that I can't tell you how they sound compared to the 6's, but I have 8's with ACS custom sleeves and I think they sound extremely good. With the bass control set to minimum they're tonally similar to my home set up. I use them with an iTouch when travelling, they block out a huge amount of external noise and are comfortable for many hours.

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
No experience with the IE6 but I've owned the IE8s for a couple of years and to be honest I always thought they were a disapointment.

They're Ok, I can live with them but no matter what I've used them with I just can't get them to sound great. They certainly have a muddy, bumped up mid-bass, the treble is both grainy and dark, the soundstage is closed in and they have this weird rubbery sound. I personally much prefer my old Shure 530s over them.

By the way I currently use comply tips.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts