Sennheiser HD 439 vs Creative Aurvana Live!

TheHiFiNoob

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Which one of this headphones do you recommend me? I need some headphones with good sound quality (for Rock, Pop and Electronic Music) and that are comfortable.

[font="ProximaNova-Semibold, arial, verdana, sans-serif"]Thanks[/font] *music2*

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I can't comment on the Sennheisers but I have a pair of Creative's, although modified.

They have many good points, a only slightly subdued but nicely extended treble, terrific bass that goes really deep and a generally pleasant demeanour with a hint of warmth. The mid's seem slightly recessed but are very detailed.

Most of the compromise stems from thee cheap build ie. flimsy housing (it uses a quality driver) and it manifests itself in a sound that is more cuddly than it is attacking. - It was to cuddly for me but you may disagree.

Anyways, long story short, I dampend various bits and drilled the housing.

I wouldn't expect you or anyone to go that far but it is now a semi open headphone and to my ears vastly improved.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
dalethorn said:
drummerman said:
I can't comment on the Sennheisers but I have a pair of Creative's, although modified.....

Seems a long time since I've seen your posts. Are you liking the new format here?

A happy New Year to you.

I'm still around and often browse and observe rather than post but if I do it's usually in the hifi/turntable sections

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts