Sennheiser HD 380 Pro £87.99 at Amazon

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
I needed a decent pair of over-ear, closed back headphones and found these for a great price on Amazon UK. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-380-Collapsible-Headphones/dp/B001UE6I0G/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291745781&sr=8-1-fkmr2 Apologies, I haven't figured out the 'clicky' thing...

A

Anonymous

You mean like this?

Clicky

emotion-1.gif
Good price that. Just quote a post with a hyperlink in and use the parameters - adding your URL in the speech marks.

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Haha, yeah, like that.

I've received my HD380's now and I'm running them in. I've also got a pair of HD600's which are excellent and I use them via a Beresford 7510. However I quite like the thought (and look) of the Little Dot III. How highly do you rate it Graham and what did you use before you got the Little Dot?

Also, do you use a DAC? I can't help wondering how necessary a DAC is. Currently I'm using a Macbook Pro, Itunes and generally listening to music at 320kbps.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Hi there. The LDIII is superb. I didn't have a headphone system before the LDIII for some years. Previously, I used to run an MF X-Can with Grado SR125s, which I didn't like.

This combo with HD600s is just to my tastes. I don't think a DAC is required unless your source is not up to it, personally.....

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Graham.

Can I ask why you chose the Little Dot III over something like the Beresford Caiman or Fubar IV?
Was is it something to do with the valves?

A

Anonymous

Yes, the valves sold it for me, and the rolling opportunities. Sorry for the long time to respond!
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

To my ears, they were not worth the price bump so I sold them. The sound I like is more bassy and the HD202s and the HD 380 Pros suit me much better............ They were harder to drive too.
smiley-cool.gif
More private listening too with closed back....

TRENDING THREADS