Sennheiser CX-300 in-ear headphones £7.39 + £4 postage

John Duncan

Hm - I'd have bought a couple of pairs for spare if I was 100% convinced they were genuine - not supplied by Amazon directly and there are a couple of question marks over legitimacy in the seller's ratings. Not saying it's not legit, but note also that it doesn't say they're cx300s.

Note also that Amazon sell them themselves for 17 quid or so, which might be a better bet.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I bought a couple of pairs from Amazon a while back for £17 which i thought was excellent value.

As for the cheaper ones, maybe i should delete the posting as i wouldn't want to point someone in the direction of dodgy gear.

A

Anonymous

I'd never buy from anyone who isn't an authorised dealer with a shop or established legitimate website and trading address. Amazon is a conduit for private sales, like ebay, and you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR... Too good to be true? It is! It isn't Amazon, it is a private sale.

Last year I bought some Audio Technica cans from ebay after links in another forum. They looked ABSOLUTELY real, had over 100 positive feedbacks, and were selling like hotcakes. They sounded as cheap as stock ipod buds.

I sent them to AT UK and they wrote back saying they were as fake as Jordan's top shelf (well, the image itself should make you remember to beware!).

By sight, you wouldn't know.

Fake electrical stuff is being knocked out everywhere, indistinguishable from the real thing. Most punters don't care as the pay little and never think to question the quality.

Oh, and I see Claire is contacting Senh'r, but I expect they will say the same as Audio Technica said to me: if it isn't a "shop" we can't comment other than to say they are not authorised sellers. And, when they realised someone was punting out fake AT cans on ebay, they said there was NOTHING they could realistically do, and that they had to take it on the chin. even after posting a warning on ebay they were fake, the seller still had floods of A+ feedback with happy buyers!! Cost me a negative feedback in return!

Pay the extra, and buy safely.
That said, they may be real (legal slander get out!)This is more a general warning that a rant at the particular seller. The lack of a brand in the title is odd... although the seller is clearly passing them off as branded by the pic's logo and the cx300 tag.

A

Anonymous

I have bought a huge amount of stuff through Amazon, buying from both Amazon direct and Third Party shops and have to say their service is brilliant. I have bought four pairs of these headphones for various people in the last 18 months and ALL were genuine the last two pairs were £0.01 plus P&P and they were genuine Sennheiser headphones. I don't see the problem here, if shops want to sell their stock at that price then I, for one, am very happy to buy and it is no different to picking them up cheap in a High Street shop. Amazon is a very different beast from Ebay with regards to fakes etc and they are VERY good in dealing with returns/complaints should you run into any problems. I also recently bought a Tacima CS929 6 Wayÿmains conditioner through a shop on Amazon for £23.49 inc. P&P - totally legit product and one very happy customer. P.S I don't work for Amazon in case anyone is wondering.

A

Anonymous

Spacehopper:Amazon is a very different beast from Ebay with regards to fakes etc and they are VERY good in dealing with returns/complaints should you run into any problems.

This is true altho I think it is better to pay more for the peace of mind. I bought "cheap" pair of CX500 from Amazon seller and they were fakes - but very good ones. The quality of the packaging, accessories etc. were almost like the real stuff - except sound of course:) and small details like Sennheiser logo on the pouch etc.

I asked seller for the refund and I got the money back even without sending this item back. I reported this shop anyway but I don't know what Amazon can do about it. Shall I keep the fakes as a evidence and report it to the police?

A

Anonymous

Spacehopper:I have bought four pairs of these headphones for various people in the last 18 months and ALL were genuine the last two pairs were £0.01 plus P&P and they were genuine Sennheiser headphones.

£0.01 plus P&P for a pair of new, genuine CX-300? Are you based in China by any chance? I don't believe that you can get a reall stuff for this price.

A

Anonymous

I love the way people say the cans they buy are genuine...

How do you know?!

Send them to Sennheiser and then make that claim, because lets face it you have no idea they are.

As I stressed, there are 100's people buying the same AT cans I purchased, leaving A+ feedback and happy they are genuine. They look genuine, but they are not. Even audio boffins on the net can't tell them apart by sight only (google fake headphones and the problem is HUGE).
China is making vast amounts of IDENTICAL goods, from electronics, to medicines to cigs. They are indistinguishable from the real thing, until you look at whats in them and see they are fake. The pills, and cigs are worrying, as they could be made of anything with no health quality control. The headphone's tend to have bog standard inners with a passable quality that fools many into accepting they are real.
The Police wont do anything unless you can direct them to a stash of the goods, and your average vendor of hooky swag doesn't usually give you a return address that is the hollow volcano!

Try asking your seller for a phone number, business address, and distributer's details. Most are mail drops, and dead ends. Warning signs, low prices, and vague details = stay away.

Anything WAY under retail price is massivley likely to be fake or stolen. Businesses don't set out to lose money on stock. Get real.

A

Anonymous

I take your point, but if the ones I have bought are fakes then Sennheiser should be seriously worried as they all sound superb through my iPod. I like a bargain but don't want to encourage fakes so if Claire is willing to do so, I will send her the pair I currently use on my iPod and she can pass them on to Sennheiser for them to check their authenticity and await the outcome.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the offer - i'll take a raincheck on that, however, until I hear back from Sennheiser, who apparently are shortly due to launch an anti-fakes campaign (which, i'm guessing, may involve consumers sending stuff straight to them).

I'll keep you all updated.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for checking. I'm quite happy to send them a pair to check as I'm sure they would be very unhappy that a so called respected company like Amazon are selling fake Sennheiser products.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
They're not genuine. The price tells the story straight away, but if you read the recent customer reports, not the ones from 2 years ago which take up the majority of the room on the page, you'll see people questioning the audio quality and build quality. These are cheap copies, which Sennheiser have been known about for some time now, and can be distinguished from the genuine article due to slack finishing. I use a (genuine) pair of these myself and the quality isn't something anybody would complain about.

This is the big problem with buying from 3rd party sellers on Play/Amazon etc. The other problem is that these sites probably warn somewhere that they're not responsible for these sellers, so you're left trying to deal with them direct, which may prove problematic. It's best just to avoid these 3rd party sellers as you never know where your money is going once you've paid.

I appreciate there's not much Sennheiser can do, but I'd have thought they'd have done something about this by now as it's damaging their brand.

A

Anonymous

SAP7:The cigs are worrying, as they could be made of anything with no health quality control.

Off-topic but, how worried about health control can people who smoke be?

A

Anonymous

Recently bought a pair from MDU Ltd through Amazon @ £18.99. Does anyone know if these are genuine from this seller and whether there is any way of checking whether they're genuine ie any tell tale signs of them being fake.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts