Sennheiser CX-300 II ear canal phones

cyrus fan

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I've just bought some of the above and the middle fitting seems best initially for sound quality, but as soon as I move around, I can hear my footsteps booming. I sound like a giant!

In quiet passages or spoken word, i can hear my heart beating.

The small fitting takes this effect away, but also the bass and a fair bit of sound quality.

Is this the norm for these type of phones or am i doing something wrong?

If it's the norm doesn't it negate the benefits of a portable device?

A

Anonymous

Hey CyrusFan,

I have used the CX300 Mk 2 and what you have experiencing is normal. I had the same issues with them as well which are very annoying but they do sound amazing. I unfortunately have lost mine and just bought some AKG K321 and found these too be a lot better. Much better fit they seem to go into the ear a lot more and the general sound quality is a lot better much better bass and higher pitch. I would suggest trying these out as i think there a lot better.

Cheers

Nick

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Although brilliant at the price, they need to be well run in and there's a knack to wearing them properly. For me, it helps to pull backwards on the ear as you insert the bud.

A further word of warning based on the OP: don't ever expect to get a decent listening experience when eating anything you need to chew on!

A

Anonymous

The CX300 are 29.95 right? The AKG K321 are also 29.95 from many sites. I got mine from Richer Sounds.

cyrus fan

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
They only cost £12.80 on Amazon although a few days later I see they're back to £15 approx.

I'm mostly listening to audiobooks at the moment, but if I can't walk around with these phones in because of my pounding footsteps, I don't see how they get such high marks from many people.

T

the record spot

Yes, this is a drawback with this particular phone - sonically fine otherwise, but need about ten hours to loosen up. Very dry and harsh otherwise. I find the movement of the cable in the wind picks up, distracting but used to it now. Not brilliant and assume Sennheiser might look into that in a newer version.

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got these yesterday for $70. God, it's so cheap in the UK. Comparing with my Panasonic RP-HJE300, the sound is fuller but muddier. Occasionally, female vocals can sound harsh and mid-range is poor. The only good thing about these headphones is that they are much louder than my old ones at the same volume setting, which can increase my nano's battery life. Somehow, my $20 Panasonic's sound better: much smoother and clearer female voices without sounding harsh. I guess I need them to break in more before make a final judgment on these headphones. Also, they look plain compared to my Panasonic's. Why can German's design their headphones like BMWs?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts