Selling equipment - Fair valuation

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I'm in the process of selling some of my hi-fi equipment and not sure if my valuations are accurate, so feedback would be welcome. I don't want to ask too much and get no interest, equally don't eant to ask too little. So would the following be fair. All in very good working condition :-

Monitor Audio Silver RX6 standmount speakers - £450

Marantz PM7001 integrated amp - £150

Marantz SA7001 SA-CD player - £120

Thanks for any advice/input.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I usually do the eBay "Sold Listings" check. A quick look at your MA Speakers suggests that £450 is about right as three pairs have sold on there recently for between £420 and £450. Another has sold for £625 but that looks like an anomally to me.

A lot depends on how quickly you want to sell them and their condition (As new? Slightly marked? etc.). I had an Audio Research Ref 3 pre-amp for sale on eBay for about 5 months. I must have fielded about 100 stupid offers but I persevered until I got what I wanted.

Depends how desperate you are really.

Gazzip is correct. The listing mentioned is always a good starting place to look for ideas on pricing.

This may not work for rarer items but often an internet search will find them on foreign hifi sales sites and these prices can be converted back to sterling. Condition is everything when it comes to the more common items and you can get more for them if you do not insist on 'local collection only'. If you really want to shift the stuff in a hurry then add a bit on to the price you have settled on and then add free posting as this does tend to pull in the 'punters'.