Second hand Denon TU1800DAB or Rega Radio 3?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am looking to get a FM radio tuner. After reading reviews and forums around, I have narrowed it down to these 2 models and can get the Denon either new from Richersounds or both tuners second-hand for just under £100. Irrespective of the DAB features of the Denon, which one would be sonically and musically superior? Currently loving a all-Rega system so slighty biaised towards the British brand but a second opinion is always important to me
emotion-2.gif

Many thanks in advance,

David

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Having DAB as well as FM would give you more flexibility (if you need stations that are not found on FM like BBC R7)

If that is not a concern then get the Rega.

Bear in mind the government intend to switch off FM in 6 years time. (Although there are some doubts that will actually happen so soon.)

Also I would only recommend either device IF you have a good, professionally installed roof aerial.

(Otherwise get a good cheap optical DAC and plug it into your DVD recorder or Freeview/Sky box with Toslink and get superb quality radio from that. Bear in mind also that from next year BBC iPlayer - including the BBC radio stations - will be available via Freeview+.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts