Screen goes blank

Barden999

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi, was wondering if anyone can help. Tried to watch amazing spiderman 2 today, but from the start the screen would go black and the input mode, res, aspect ratio etc will appear in the corner as it does normally when I switch my TV to av, or switch source on my avr. Other blu rays work fine. I have replaced the copy but it's the same. It seems to do it at times when the camera angle will change? I tried the disc on another blu ray player not connected to an avr and it works fine.

I've had my current set up for approx 3 years and this is the first time it's happened.

I have a denon avr 2312, sony blu ray bdp s-590, and Panasonic TV.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi there.

I would try the other BD player through the AVR too. If the film works fine then it just means that BD is not compatable with your player. In which case you will have to contact Sony and hope they have a copy of the disc (they should do it's their title) and they should be able to issue an firmware update to allow the disc to play.

If you don't have any luck let me know and I'll contact an old colegue of mine at the authoring house that may have authered the disc and see if they can fine out why it's not working and maybe they can get on to sony to look into it.

Of course make sure your player is on the most recent firmware. That might sort it if not.

Barden999

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Hadn't ran a firmware update for a while and thankfully that is what was needed. All working fine now!!

thanks again

dan

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Brilliant. Glad it helped. If you can keep the player connected to the internet it will let you know when it need a FW upgrade. Your amp might need upgrades too.

Barden999

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
My amp has constantly had networking issues. When trying to connect it it keeps telling me there is no Ethernet cable plugged in, even though there is. Never bothered me that much as I have Apple TV which I stream music to. I gave up on it and don't bother having it plugged in. would be handy incase I needed a firmware update. I think I'll give it a try, but doubt it will work!

The amps out of warranty now.

Thanks again for your help.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Not being funny but have you tried more than one ethernet cables? Also do you plug the cable in then turn the amp on or is the amp on then you connect an Ethernet cable?

I'm guessing you have looked at the manual to check setting up a network connection or make and ethernet connection to confirm all is set right?

Sometimes it can be a simple missed step. I know I've done it in my time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts