Schiit Mani??

Bolddoggie

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, not sure if this has been answered already but has anyone actually heard or used this preamp? Was about to go for a rega fono MM MK3 but have been impressed with the online reviews. I'm a big Rega fan but have no way of hearing this Schiit Mani device unless I order it in. Anyone have any experience with it?

Cheers

camcroft

I have got one I previously had the Rega fono mini a2d and I also read the reviews about the Schiit Mani and decided to buy one. I personally prefer the Schiit to the rega but that is just my opinion.

Have seen one used but don't own one. Would suggest that repairs are ever required it could pose a problem or possibly not as I see there are UK dealers now, never used to be.

For that price I'd be tempted to take a punt as most of what you are hearing is down to your cartridge anyhow.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
stereoman said:
I still cannot get used to this brand name...

Just think of it a 'sheet'. ;-)

lol
thumbs_up.png
I try..

Bolddoggie

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Many thanks all for the replies... I think I'll give it a whirl, if I really dislike it I'd imagine I could move it on without losing too much, I'll post my findings when it arrives in, Cheers.

Bolddoggie said:
Many thanks all for the replies... I think I'll give it a whirl, if I really dislike it I'd imagine I could move it on without losing too much, I'll post my findings when it arrives in, Cheers.

Good move. As you say should be easy to move on if need be but I doubt it will come to that.

Bolddoggie

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Placed the order today.. isn't available from the UK supplier as out of stock.. which just made me want it more!! Ordered it in from the US which with shipping will cost more and take longer but hey ho.. I'll let you all know how it is when I get it in.. Cheers

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
I really don't understand your Anti-Apple digs. - Did an Apple employee steal your girlfriend or something?

However good a Macbook might be as a computer, it's not really going to challenge a proper system for hi-fi audio.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
Infiniteloop said:
I really don't understand your Anti-Apple digs. - Did an Apple employee steal your girlfriend or something?

However good a Macbook might be as a computer, it's not really going to challenge a proper system for hi-fi audio.

Yet a great many ‘proper’ HiFi systems are based around a Mac Mini.....

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
Infiniteloop said:

Andrew Everard uses a MiniMac. He is a pro hifi/music reviewer.

petergabriel

Oct 30, 2019
www.petergabriel.dk
I have owned the Schiit Mani for a year and liked it very much. It is very good for the price.

However, as I am using an Ortofon 2M Black, I decided to try the Lindemann Limetree Phono, based on What HiFi's review, and I have not regretted that. Compared to the Schiit Mani, I have gotten a sweeter top (just like what hifi described) and an instrument separation that is much improved. The only thing I had to get used to coming from the Mani, is the Mani's more compressed sound, which makes it sound a bit fuller, and I don't mean this in a negative way. It is not compressed like a brick walled CD.

While I overall like the Lindemann more, I think the Mani's "fuller" sound will suite a lot more people. I just like the extra amount of details, instrument separation and blackness (which is a hifi term I never understood until I heard the Lindemann), but I have also payed more than three times the Mani price to get that.

You wont go wrong with the Mani.

priam

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Most people in the Rega community prefer the Schiit over the Rega fono MM Mk3. This is very apparent if you are in the Rega Turntable facebook group.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts