Satelite cable question - spilt WF65 or use two runs of single WF100

RTL

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
I suspect this is one for daveh75 - thanks in advance!

Last weekend I ran a second length of twin WF65 from my dish to enable me to have an additional feed to my recorder (one existing twin fed the TV and one recording channel) and decided that I would use the fourth feed to connect to my PC (since bought a Compro S350 tuner). I split the WF65 cable to the point of it entering the house for the recorder, and left the other to connect to the PC. Went outside today to start the job and the PC cable has huge splits exposing the wire braid. The feed to the recorder looks OK but I'm concerned it may also split.

The twin cable looks neater so can this be split (in the house or is this approach a non starter and I need to run x2 single feeds to do what I want?

Thanks

daveh75

RTL:The twin cable looks neater so can this be split (in the house or is this approach a non starter and I need to run x2 single feeds to do what I want?
Thanks It can be split, but you have to be careful when doing so otherwise as you found out the sheathing splits too.

I personally never use WF65, because it's insertion losses are to high for anything other than short runs.

I also prefer to use two runs of single WF100 over WF100 twin, partly because of the splitting issue and partly because the twin cable tends to kink/twist/is more easily damaged than single cable, when running round corners, creating drip loops etc for example..

You can make a neat job of running two sepearate cables together, by using the same 14mm clips as used for WF100 twin cable.

Either way you are going to need to replace the current cable ASAP. as now the sheath is split/braiding is exposed, water will travel along the cable very quickly through capillary action and blow the tuner or worse if its connected to your sat receiver/PC tuner card.

TRENDING THREADS