Samsung UE55D8000 or Panasonic 50VT30?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Size? Does it really matter that much? I currently have a Samsung UE55D8000 that I am exchanging due to excessive clouding in all four corners. I am considering getting my money back and buying the 50VT30. Would this be a crazy move. I know that they both have their pros and cons and that the Panny is widely considered to have the better PQ but I really cannot afford the 55" version and, anyway, it's not very widely available (if at all at the moment).

I do love my Samsung but they do suffer badly with uniformity issue and I hate any sort of banding or visible clouding. Would I be silly to do this exchange or should I just stay with what I have and hope my next set lacks major Uniformity issues
rolleyes.gif

Is their anything else out their that would give me close to the quality of these sets but can be brought at the same price as the Sammy.

A

Anonymous

Hi,I have the 50 vt30 and looked at the sammy 55d8000 after I looked at the vt30,after looking at the sammy I went back to the shop I saw the vt30 and bought one and all I can say is I am vv happy with it,it really is good,cant wait till WHF get there hands on one to get there opinion,but what ever they say,just look at some of the forum members opinions of the vt30 who have bought one.

A

Anonymous

Thanks mate, What was it about the VT30 that attracted you too it over the D8000?

Also how do people feel about dropping down in Television sizes? I would be going down from a 55" LED to 50" Plasma?

A

Anonymous

Alright Gaz,

I bought the VT30 50inch last week. Still waiting a few weeks for it to settle down before i tweek its performance.

But i have to say out of the box its the best telly i have seen!!

I was also interested in the 55d8000 before i bought this, but Curry's put them both side by side for me and there was only one winner!!

The colours may not be a vivid or bright as the LED but its more natural on the plasma and it overall performance makes this TV one hell of a set.

But this is my opinion and your eyes are different to mine. I suggest you take a few blu rays or DVD's down to your local store and let them do a side by side comparision

A

Anonymous

gaz2810i said:
Thanks mate, What was it about the VT30 that attracted you too it over the D8000?

Also how do people feel about dropping down in Television sizes? I would be going down from a 55" LED to 50" Plasma?
Alright Gaz,

I bought the VT30 50inch last week. Still waiting a few weeks for it to settle down before i tweek its performance.

But i have to say out of the box its the best telly i have seen!!

I was also interested in the 55d8000 before i bought this, but Curry's put them both side by side for me and there was only one winner!!

The colours may not be a vivid or bright as the LED but its more natural on the plasma and it overall performance makes this TV one hell of a set.

But this is my opinion and your eyes are different to mine. I suggest you take a few blu rays or DVD's down to your local store and let them do a side by side comparision
Hi I would agree with everything mentioned above.
smiley-smile.gif

A

Anonymous

ive got the 55d8000 and have the same problems plus the black levels and motion for a2.5k tv are shocking i had a 50vt 20 before and im definately getting shot of the samsung for the 50vt30 as good as the samsung looks the picture quality just isnt up to scratch very dissapointed : (

TRENDING THREADS