Samsung UE55C9000 UE55C8000 Panasonic TXP50VT20 reviews

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having now seen all you major 3D TV reviews, I am left more then a little confused!!

Samsung UE55C8000 was given 5 star rating

Panasonic TXP50VT20 was given 4 star rating

AND

Samsung UE55C9000 was given 5 star rating too.

My confusion lies with the rating, I know for a fact the Samsung 8000 and 9000 series TVs are exactly the same in term of spec other than the fancy remote and 9000 series also is super skinny.

Importantly 9000 & 8000 series produce exactly the same picture. Before WHF team has a go at me to tell me other wise, please don't bother I have spoken to Samsung rep, I also seen both TV in action as same time!

So, If one can buy the 8000 series at £2500 in most places or the 9000 series at £7000 (some places are cheaper) how can both get 5 star rating if they both produce same picture quailty. I understand anyone buying the 9000 series is making a lifestyle choice over substance but put simply when you say "Simply Staggering" for the 9000 series, Why was the same wording not used for the 8000 series?I mean surely Picture quality is what its all about right?

I am an avid reader for WHF and I understand final say is your opinion, however, when you have 2 TVs showing exaclty the same picture quality (Samsung 8000 & 9000 series) but 1 costing more than £4000 more than the other I question how both can get 5 stars?

My next point was the review for Panasonic TXP50VT20, again having used this TV for a lengthened period of time, to be given 4 stars has now left me losing my faith in WHF team (I am not saying you have questionable motives before anyone starts), just that when compared to the Samsung 8000 or 9000 series, the VT20 is such a superior TV, (before you start Clare Newsome with your:

"So, who's seen the Panasonic side-by-side with its rivals, with TV, DVD, HD, 3D?

I have - how about you? "

- I have for alot longer than you.)

Maybe I am the loner with this opinion, however, this is not the case, other reviews rave how good the VT20 is, many even perceive it to be the next best thing compared to a pioneer. somehow your review says other wise.

This all my opinion and as I have said I am a subscriber to WHF I just figured I would be allowed to voice my concerns with what I regard as certain inaccuracies with your reviews.

Many Thanks for any points shared please dont start bashing me.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
tim timmens:Before WHF team has a go at me to tell me other wise, please don't bother

Not sure there's much point to your post then, but still.

tim timmens: (before you start Clare Newsome with your:

"So, who's seen the Panasonic side-by-side with its rivals, with TV,
DVD, HD, 3D?

I have - how about you? "

- I have for alot longer than you.)

Bold. Confrontational and with no basis in fact.

tim timmens:Many Thanks for any points shared please dont start bashing me.

No worries on that score, Tim Tim.

A

Anonymous

Having seen all of the sets in question, i would say the C9000 is far superior than the 8000 series or indeed the VT20. I have not seen the HX903 live yet but will judge the TV then.

The differences according to Samsungs website is the Clear Motion Rate is far superior on the 9 series compared to the 8.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
tim timmens:Many Thanks for any points shared please dont start bashing me.
Why on earth not? You've come in all guns blazing with your 'don't you start' and your superior knowledge from a sales rep - work in a retailer, then, I guess? - and yet we can't respond in kind?

Hmm, another pointless thread, then: you're basically saying 'answer my questions but I know more than you, so don't bother disagreeing with me'

Let's not go to Camelot, it is a silly place...

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
tim timmens:

Having now seen all you major 3D TV reviews, I am left more then a little confused!!

Samsung UE55C8000 was given 5 star rating

Panasonic TXP50VT20 was given 4 star rating

AND

Samsung UE55C9000 was given 5 star rating too.

Well Tim, you are not the only one who is confused. I can tell you that.
But this has been endlessly discussed on this forum and I believe the only short answer is: "Opinions differs".

tim timmens:

My confusion lies with the rating, I know for a fact the Samsung 8000 and 9000 series TVs are exactly the same in term of spec other than the fancy remote and 9000 series also is super skinny.

The important thing here is, that specs do not tell you everything. Actually only looking at specs will confuse you more than it will help, as it seldom gives away anything about how the TV really performs. The single most important parameter is the picture processing, and this you can't evaluate from the specification sheet.

tim timmens:

Importantly 9000 & 8000 series produce exactly the same picture. Before WHF team has a go at me to tell me other wise, please don't bother I have spoken to Samsung rep, I also seen both TV in action as same time!

This is more interesting! Did Samsung actually declare that the TVs are identical apart from the design?
It is of course not unusual that you pay a lot extra for the design, but this would still be an exceptional case.
Furthermore, if it is true I really wonder if Samsung would openly admit this (wouldn't be a good sales argument for the 9000 series).

I haven't personally seen the two Samsungs side by side since I haven't been able to find a shop with both TVs on display.
But I remember that I actually thought: "What would get extra from the 9000 series?". I wasn't entirely convinced.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
There's been lengthly disscussions about the VT20, too much for me.But why can't forum members accept that whf work as a team when they do reviews and some of mags work as individuals.I would rather trust a whole team than one person, so what im saying is go and demo yourself and take your family and see what results you find.As for price on the Samsung's i would hardly think that they would price them with such a massive difference and then say they give the same picture performance. Ive not been lucky enough to view the Samsungs so i cant compare to the Sony, yes the Panasonic is a great tv and if i was buying a new tv it would be one on my list.If this happens to be best for me after demo's between the various company's then it's a five star for me, not for anyone else, but me, as long as the rest of the family agrees.We all love to argue and disagree lately and no one's gonna be right as there is no right and wrong, just what your eyes can see and your pocket can afford.Best of luck in your decision making.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
lobby: There's been lengthly disscussions about the VT20, too much for me.But why can't forum members accept that whf work as a team when they do reviews and some of mags work as individuals.I would rather trust a whole team than one person, so what im saying is go and demo yourself and take your family and see what results you find.

I disagree. It is always a good idea to audition before you buy, but for TVs the situation is different, because:

- You cannot get the TV home for a demo where you can play around with the settings
- Dealers who sell TVs usually do not have dedicated test facilities that mimicks your home environment making it practically impossible to make a proper evaluation

This is at least the situation in Denmark. Therefore, you are hugely dependant on good quality reviews.
I respect the view of WhatHifi, but when a review is given that differs somewhat to the majority of other reviews for the same TV why is it so difficult to understand that some of like some further elaboration on what have caused the difference?

It was easier in the older days (actually only a few years back). Almost everyone agreed that toprance Pioneer TVs were the best you could get. Today the situation is more complex making it a lot more difficult for the buyer.

lobby:

As for price on the Samsung's i would hardly think that they would price them with such a massive difference and then say they give the same picture performance.

Unless they hope you will not find out! There are more than a few examples where the more expensive product is no better than the cheap product.

A

Anonymous

i would have thought that the 9000 sammy would have to have different components than the 8000 model , simply because of its slimness ? dont know how the picture quality compares though , or why slimmer would be better ...

edit , if they get any slimmer , they will be able to roll them up like wallpaper
emotion-3.gif

still , that would make wall hanging easier
emotion-11.gif

post-wallpaper.jpg

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:

i would have thought that the 9000 sammy would have to have different components than the 8000 model , simply because of its slimness ? dont know how the picture quality compares though , or why slimmer would be better ...

edit , if they get any slimmer , they will be able to roll them up like wallpaper
emotion-3.gif

still , that would make wall hanging easier
emotion-11.gif

post-wallpaper.jpg

Have you found a new job then, Max?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts