Samsung QE75Q950TS

mwomwell

Sep 21, 2020
Visit site
Don’t buy this television, the screen quality is very poor, it suffers from dirty screen effects and vignetting. For the cost it is just not worth it, I sent mine straight back, I could see the screen issues as soon as I turned it on !!!!.

I have gone OLED, a much better technology, Samsung need to get their act together, customes should not have to play the screen lottery.

Reactions: Surly Sid
D

Deleted member 2457

Don’t buy this television, the screen quality is very poor, it suffers from dirty screen effects and vignetting. For the cost it is just not worth it, I sent mine straight back, I could see the screen issues as soon as I turned it on !!!!.

I have gone OLED, a much better technology, Samsung need to get their act together, customes should not have to play the screen lottery.
^^Oled fanboy^^

Shad0oo

Sep 22, 2020
Visit site

I agree 100% with this. I purchased the Q900TS and was incredibly disappointed with the image quality. As a smart TV features wise it is second to none, but all in my household agreed how much Bette OLED looked even though it is 1/4 of the pixels.

ntpaledo

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
Do not buy this TV, I bought it and had to send it back for replacement due to motherboard issues, light bleeding from the edges and power management issues. Second TV they brought had similar issues with light leaking and power management. Specifically, the bezels are so incredibly thin that they seem to have struggled to keep everything tight. The bezels had random corners or edges where you could see the backlight of the TV bleed outside. Also, both units shut off on me and wouldn't turn on, had to exchange the cable. While these issues might be unique to me, the screen definitely has serious Dirty Screen Effect and unfortunately, it IS visible for regular viewing. For a TV at this price point it is unacceptable. I had to turn it back and change for an OLED. I was very sceptical of OLED due to burn in and brightness, but so far it is brilliant and I love Dolby Vision. If you want to stick with Samsung get the Q95T or wait for next year's QLED.

audiodiplomat

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Do not buy this TV, I bought it and had to send it back for replacement due to motherboard issues, light bleeding from the edges and power management issues. Second TV they brought had similar issues with light leaking and power management. Specifically, the bezels are so incredibly thin that they seem to have struggled to keep everything tight. The bezels had random corners or edges where you could see the backlight of the TV bleed outside. Also, both units shut off on me and wouldn't turn on, had to exchange the cable. While these issues might be unique to me, the screen definitely has serious Dirty Screen Effect and unfortunately, it IS visible for regular viewing. For a TV at this price point it is unacceptable. I had to turn it back and change for an OLED. I was very sceptical of OLED due to burn in and brightness, but so far it is brilliant and I love Dolby Vision. If you want to stick with Samsung get the Q95T or wait for next year's QLED.

What was the OLED set you decided upon in the end?

ntpaledo

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
I got the LG GX. It is brilliant. Love the menu, picture quality, sound, you name it. I wish it was a little bit brighter (I think I read GX is less bright than CX) but it only detracts 10-15% of my experience for daytime viewing

audiodiplomat

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I got the LG GX. It is brilliant. Love the menu, picture quality, sound, you name it. I wish it was a little bit brighter (I think I read GX is less bright than CX) but it only detracts 10-15% of my experience for daytime viewing

Many thanks for your reply! A few of more about the GX if you don’t mind::

Build quality/size/sound quality through its own speakers without external add ons?

ntpaledo

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
I got the 65 inches version and I mounted it on the wall. Build quality is great and sound quality also really good. Dialogue is clear, sound effects punchy I'm actually really impressed by the sound quality although I use an external 5.1. loudspeaker setup.

audiodiplomat

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I got the 65 inches version and I mounted it on the wall. Build quality is great and sound quality also really good. Dialogue is clear, sound effects punchy I'm actually really impressed by the sound quality although I use an external 5.1. loudspeaker setup.

Great thanks again. Will check out the LG soon!

TRENDING THREADS