Samsung OLED TV is the best TV ever, according to HDTVtest

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
WHF don't agree with that reveiw though...

http://www.whathifi.com/review/samsung-ke55s9c

My problem with it is that you can't wall mount it, that is one hell of an oversight imo and the curved screen doesn't seem to bring much to the table but if they made a flat one that could be wall mounted...then I would be interested. This is just the first of many OLED TVs to come so not worth getting too excited yet but the tech does look promising if they can stop the blue from degrading and deal with the IR issues.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Its a sign of very good things to come from the display technology.

The ZT King crown, already gone - such is the way with technology, nothing is king for long (the Kuro was the only one to hold the crown for any length of time)
Reminds me of Brian Adams - everything I do - number one for what felt like 50 years at the time ....

Although I bet side by side - there wouldn't be much if anything in it - one would be better for this another for that....

I bet the curved screen's great in picth black, but not so great in a lit up room where you can see the curved shape against a background

Oldboy said:
WHF don't agree with that reveiw though... http://www.whathifi.com/review/samsung-ke55s9c My problem with it is that you can't wall mount it, that is one hell of an oversight imo and the curved screen doesn't seem to bring much to the table but if they made a flat one that could be wall mounted...then I would be interested. This is just the first of many OLED TVs to come so not worth getting too excited yet but the tech does look promising if they can stop the blue from degrading and deal with the IR issues.

+1. I'm cautiously optimistic about OLED technology.

D

Deleted member 2457

I have demoed this TV about four times now and to be honest I am not that impressed. I was expecting far more, especially with the black level. It may have a great measurement but I am far more impressed with the Panasonic VT65 blacks.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
That there goes to show the importance and the power of setting up a TV Properly!

On HD TV test he calibrates the displays to the best they can be - and when done so and viewed in the correct lighting environment the differences are made apparent.

He also bases his facts off the statistics he gleans from his review process. The fact the black level is so low, because of the way it works is what is making the difference between OLED and Plasma.

Thats why the tech has such potential - 5 years time when its been developed more I am sure it will be the best option

D

Deleted member 2457

I don't think it is very good! Just waiting to see what other brands look like.

A

Anonymous

Yes Pindi, the God of TV is here.The real thing!

I would chose this 1080pOLED over a 4k LED for the 71k to 1 contrast ratio.5k to 1 ratio is what the best plasma can do. LED is even worse unassisted I know.

Has anyone seen this TV on bluray in the dark.

But what would anyone do to own one? Once you have seen it how aweful to then go back to a Led or plasma? I could not deal with it.So I refuse to see it.

Owning this would be like owning an Aston Martin vantage.Money can bring happyness...it is call the Oled experience. Get rich now.

If one is in serious debt like most people are then forget it.Wait till retirement for the lump sum to buy.

A

Anonymous

gel said:
I can appreciate peoples support for Panasonic but that contrast ratio of 71k to 1 for the samsung is obscene and as good as it gets for any brand.I believe Panasonic may have custom panel printing press that cuts production cost.

The time to commit is now.Cutting edge technology is here and with the multiview feature on 3d.No cross talks.It is perfection!

To spend a night with this TV with a 4k remaster disks like total recall remake or Resident Evil apocalpse would just be awesome.A previlage.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Gamemaker said:
To spend a night with this TV with a 4k remaster disks like total recall remake or Resident Evil apocalpse would just be awesome.A previlage.

Absolutely. Both were landmark cinematic achievements. It's good to see you're a man of taste.

D

Deleted member 2457

Gamemaker said:
gel said:
I can appreciate peoples support for Panasonic but that contrast ratio of 71k to 1 for the samsung is obscene and as good as it gets for any brand.I believe Panasonic may have custom panel printing press that cuts production cost.

The time to commit is now.Cutting edge technology is here and with the multiview feature on 3d.No cross talks.It is perfection!

I am not supporting Panasonic, I welcome new technology but in my view that TV doesn't cut it! Have you seen it?

D

Deleted member 2457

I would honestly choose the Samsung plasma over that.

A

Anonymous

gel said:
Gamemaker said:
gel said:

I am not supporting Panasonic, I welcome new technology but in my view that TV doesn't cut it! Have you seen it?
I would sit in darken room to see the set to mismerise the deep inky blacks if such opportunity exist.There is a scene in Ninja Assasin with black clad ninjas fighting in a dark construction interior with fresh gouging weapons and with streaks of blood flying everywhere and severed limps.

I saw the scenes on a Sony Led TV with adv black enhancement,now on the Oled it would be unbelievable. So I am waiting for that test screening in those conditions.I got my bluray.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Oldboy said:
WHF don't agree with that reveiw though... http://www.whathifi.com/review/samsung-ke55s9c My problem with it is that you can't wall mount it, that is one hell of an oversight imo and the curved screen doesn't seem to bring much to the table but if they made a flat one that could be wall mounted...then I would be interested. This is just the first of many OLED TVs to come so not worth getting too excited yet but the tech does look promising if they can stop the blue from degrading and deal with the IR issues.

There's no doubt that it's a great TV and the picture quality is extremely good. But, as with many new technologies, it's prohibitively expensive for most people at this stage and does not, in our view, offer a picture 3x better than other non-OLED models that cost a third of the price. Plus, the lack of 4K on a cutting-edge set is concerning. Sure, there's little 4K content available yet, but it's coming, and if I was spending £7k on a new TV I'd want it to cover all the bases.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts