SAMSUNG LE40R51B SOUND BUT NO PICTURE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Any help would be kindly appreciated. It's coming up to my youngest sons 13th birthday and the whole family is chipping in to buy him a ps3. The only television we have is a 32" Alba CRT. However, a friend of mine has a Samsung LE40R51B that he has kindly offered to give me but unfortunately, although there is sound there is no picture. I really want to get this for him as he deserves something better than the Alba to play his games on (yes, it really is for his bedroom and not the lounge). Can anyone offer insight as to what might be the problem and what the cost of repair will amount too? Many thanks in anticipation.

A

Anonymous

My Parents had a similar problem with a Samsung 21" a few months back. They had sound but no picture.

They were quoted £150 for a repair at a local TV repair centre so in the end they just bought a new TV.

A

Anonymous

Jazzead

How do you have it connected?

Is there anything on screen? when you select an input do you see av1 or TV or whatever you are selecting displayed? if you do then either the source is to blame or the cable try freeview out!

A

Anonymous

Hi Snakey,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I now have the TV. In answer to your question, when i turn the tv on, there is the usual click then the screen goes very slightly lighter than black. There is no OSD. When i look down the screen (from the top of the TV) there is definately light. Any idea's?

thanks

Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts