Samsung LE40M86/M87

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have spent a few months scanning the net and shopping around for the 40" LCD. Personally I prefered the Samsung LE40M87 over the Sony What Hifi superstar, my girlfriend was won over by the Samsungs styling. I got it down to £880 on the net. Dixons did an August special for around £900.

I found out Samsung do an LE40M86 especially for Curry's (Sept What Hifi) with a black trim strip at the bottom which I prefered to the silver M87 trim. I decided to pay Curry's a visit. The store price was £1150, inclusive of a bottom of the range DVD recorder. I said I didn't want to pay that much and didn't want the DVD recorder. I initially got them to match the Curry's online price (£999) then got them to match their Dixon's parent groups August special web price of £900. Just goes to show you can haggle at the retail park giants, don't just blindly hand over the asking price!

I am happy that I have a tv from a store where if it goes wrong I have somewhere to go and deal with a person not just a web address and phone number.

A

Anonymous

Do you recommend it? I'm shopping around at the minute for something around the 40" mark.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Personally I would go for either the Samsung 42"" or Panasonic 42"" plasma sets over and LCD set in the same price bracket and with a bit or net hunting you can get the Samsung 42"" plasma for £750 or less.

A

Anonymous

You have hit the nail on the head really, in that I am unsure about Plasma v LCD - I was in John Lewis the other day and noted that the plasmas looked better than the LCD's, but given the poor settings in the shops, I did not take this as a reliable indicator. I would rather not be the perpetrator of yet another plsma vs lcd arugment, so I will read some existing threads... thanks for the advice.

A

Anonymous

I'm very happy with the set. It looks fantastic coupled to my Playstation 3, for both games and Blu-ray discs. I look forward to pairing it to a dedicated player once the market has settled down. I am subscribing to SkyHD as we speak so fingers crossed that will bring all those benefits.

I don't know about the plasma vs. LCD differences. All I can say is I am happy. I liked the look of some plasma screens but I am gambling my money on a future with full HD. So I opted for the LCD. The latest plasma's are coming in with full High def now but the prices are higher than the lcd.

Best wishes with your hunt.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts