Samsung LE40B620R

A

Anonymous

i had a 46b650 for a week , i think thats the same tv , just bigger , and i found it very good , i certainly wouldnt put you off it , very good sd and hd pictures , and motion was fine once set up correctly , sound was average , unless you can get that model at a better price id also check out the sony 40w5500 , phillips 42pfl7404 and panasonic 42g10 plasma ...

A

Anonymous

i work at a large electrical retailer and i think the samsung b650 40" is just as good as any other lcd in that size and A LOT BETTER! then the panasonic G10 plasma, Blacks are much deeper and darker then the G10 and fast motion is very good

A

Anonymous

Hi Mc,

I brought the Samsung LE40B620R tv last week and have to say it's fantastic.
The picture is crystal clear and watching a film is like being on the set words can not explain until you see for yourself. I have a xbox360 as well and the picture is so clear it looks like real life which is the whole point of me getting it, the sound is great to top it of it has great features and the best bit is I got this for £599 and get any money back in the sales to make up the difference. You can pick it up from currys for £599 right now it's a bargin I cant express just how happy I am with it right now. ive just ordered some lovely kit as well got the SERANO S105BG09 black glass stand for £79.99 which was reduced in sale from £89.99 and also the Sony HTPBD36SSE1FIYG Surround sound home system which was reduced as well to £299 from £499 and it comes with a blueray player also here is what I have my settings on from a site which is from experts, now the settings are based on the LE40B650 however it has the same panel and spec etc...

P.S im in a good mood so ive taken the time to add the picture settings for you in case you buy it hope this has helped.

Lee

Mode Movie
Backlight 5
Contrast 93
Brightness 45
Sharpness 0
Colour 65
Tint(G/R) G50/R50

Advanced Settings
Black Tone OFF
Dynamic Contrast OFF
Gamma 0
Colour Space Native
Flesh Tone 0
Edge Enhancement Off

Picture Options
Colour Tone Warm3
Size Screen Fit
Screen Mode 16:9
Digital NR OFF
HDMI Black Level Normal
Film Mode OFF
Blue Ray Mode OFF
100Hz Motion Plus Custom

White Balance
R-Offset 27
G-Offset 25
B-Offset 21
R-Gain 15
G-Gain 25
B-Gain26

100Hz Motion Plus Blur Reduction 8
Judder 0

A

Anonymous

Hi Lee,

Been looking at the LE40B620R and the Toshiba 42XV635DB in recent days. I like some of the features of the Toshiba but I have noticed what looks like an amazing picture on the Samsung. You've already mentioned the picture but is there any blurring on Sports or fast moving action? And what about the sound?

Only watching Sky SD pictures at the moment but will upgrade to Sky HD sometime soon. How do SD pictures come out on the 620R?

Cheers for your help,

Billy.

A

Anonymous

pebbleswest:i work at a large electrical retailer and i think the samsung b650 40" is just as good as any other lcd in that size and A LOT BETTER! then the panasonic G10 plasma, Blacks are much deeper and darker then the G10 and fast motion is very goodi think the g10 is a better tv than the b650 , and ive had both at home , set up correctly , in my opinion , the pannys blacks are deeper , the samsungs blacks may look the same , but thats only if you use the dynamic contrast , which introduces black crush in dark scenes , ie , you dont see as much shadow detail , i also found the g10 to be fine with motion , as was the samsung , they are both great tvs for me , saying one is A LOT BETTER than the other is just not the case , someone may LIKE ONE MORE , but thats subjective , not fact ...

mcjwalters

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Morning,

Happy new year.

Thanks for very concise response but in the end brought the LG 42LH5000.
Am looking at buying the Sony Home Cinema system you quote today, if I can find any.

Once again thanks for taking the time and effort.

A

Anonymous

Hi Billy,

Im here to help it's fine, well the I have had no problems what so ever with blurring or anything like that it's just a beautiful crystal picture to be honest and I also play my xbox360 on it as well and you have to see it to believe it.

Kind Regards

Lee

A

Anonymous

Hi Max,

Maybe you can help me, I have been trying to put my damn picture on here and can not get it up for the life of me very annoying I have the picture's saved on my laptop, any other site it's been fine but on here it's like a hole in the head trying to sort it out.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
You have to post your pictures on sites like flickr, before you can get them on here.

It won't work from your hard drive, only your avatar is hard drive enabled.

hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Thank you that's great also one more question ive gone to the settings on here to set it so I get an auto e.mail when there is replies to this thread anyone no how to change so I can set it up cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts