Samsung LCD TV and Denon Home Cinema

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to purchase a new LCD TV and would like to get a new home cinema system at the same time. I am not looking to spend much and have come up with the following options:TV, either a Samsung LE-37M87BD or Samsung LE-40M87BDX. I am most likely to go for the 37" due to the size of room it's going in.
Home cinema, either the Denon S-101 or S-102. Only reason for going for the S-102 would be it's black.

I do want to watch full HD film and have a PS3 for the job.
Can any spot any potential problems with this products working alone and with each other. Thanks in advance for any advice. S. Burnett

A

Anonymous

Does anyone have an answer?

What is the differance between the S101 and 102. I have looked on websites but cam up with nothing much.

A

Anonymous

If the editors of the magazine have no advice could you let me know as I will look else where for the information (not sure where though)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, but we've been in CES/posting stories most of the week - as you'll see from our News section. Surprised no-one else jumped on, though.

Even now I'm afraid I don't have a definitive answer for you - we haven't tested those Denon systems. However, other Denon DVD players of the same generation do have reported problems with the Samsung sets you're thinking of.

Do any of your local dealers off demos? If so, ask to see the Denon in action, upscaling DVDs to the Samsung.

However, re-reading your post again, i see you have a PS3, so don't need the Denon to play DVDs at all. You'd be better off with a pure surround-sound amplification and speaker option- there are some great deals on Yamaha AV61, for example (@£300).

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

The reason for going for the Denon S-101/102 is that I can only go for a 2.1 system. The PS3 is only going to be used occasionally as it will reside upstairs in the spare room so the Denon will be my primary meens of watching DVDs

Have you any other suggestions for the Home cinema system then?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts