Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray Player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just a couple of question on behalf of my friend he owns the Above Blu-ray player. Firstly he wants to know why when he has viewed a particular scene in a film he can not go back to that scene the film starts from the beginning again. Also he has the samsung just connected to his Samsung 1080P TV via HMDI and he says he is receiving Dolby True HD its says that on the display of his Samsung Player surely that cant be right. If thats the case im buying one or the panny DP-35. Thanks.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If his BD player is connected directly to his TV via HDMI then he's not getting Dolby TrueHD - the Samsung might be detecting it as a TrueHD soundtrack, but, assuming he's got it connected to an AV amp via optical, the best he's getting is Dolby Digital. If it's just connected to the TV, he's getting stereo.
As for the playback point when watching a film, I've found this works sometimes on my PS3 and Sony S550, but other times it doesn't. Not sure if this is a thing to do with the player or the discs or a combination of both. If it's not happening on any Blu-Ray discs, then it must be the player. Maybe there is a setting to allow this - I don't really know the Samsung player I'm afraid.

A

Anonymous

Just as i thought Prof. On a seperate issue Prof im seriously considering getting the Sony BDP-350 for £160 also ditching my Yamaha RX-363 Amp i have a budget of £300 for a new AV Receiver but it does need to have Dolby True HD as a must.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
There's a few around at that price at the moment like the Denon 1909, Yamaha 763 and possibly the Onkyo 606. I can't tell which is best though I'm afraid so recommend some auditioning!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts