Samsung 786 input lag

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, im tossing between buying either a samsung 756 or 786. Im more leaning towards the 786 due to the LED technology. But my main concern is reports i have read about bad input lag, especially for gaming. Im not a heavy gamer, but i do own a PS3 and enjoy playing games and watching blu ray on it and i would hate for this experience to change due to buying a new TV. I have read that by changing a couple of settings you can reduce the lag. But rather than going of these reports, i was hoping someone with first hand experience of this may be able to provide there opinion.

cheers

James

A

Anonymous

I've only had my 786 (40") for 5 days and haven't had much time on-line; but I played Resistance on my PS3 at the weekend, and certainly didn't notice any lag issues - I was still rubbish, though
emotion-4.gif

Other forums have got alot of feedback on this, with many people claiming no input lag. And that's without switching to the "game" mode or selecting their input to "PC".

I was kinda in the same situtaion as you (not a heavy gamer, that is) and plumped for the 786. The blacks are amazing! You cannot see the demarkation between the bezel and the screen. Excellent shadow detail as well, with no real black crush. Bluray is a revelation. I would certainly recommend the 786 - although as I say,only had it for a few days...

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for your reply. Im at least a couple of weeks off buying my TV, whatever it may be. So if you do notice any problems over the next week or so i would be grateful if you could let me know.

Regards

James

A

Anonymous

I'm in the same situation as the 786 is what I've been currently looking at after being scared off the Sonys due to back light issues.

I read a review somewere that claim 60 milliseconds of input lag (which is 0.06 seconds) from what I can work out if a game runs a say 50 frames a second you'd only ever be 3 frames behind the machine. Which doesn't seem like much. Probably takes more that 0.06 seconds for my brain to work out which buttons to press..

Other sites (gaming sites) make out that online play will be worse effect when your playing against some one with a CRT and no lag. But you'll probably be like me and still get your *** kicked by some 8 year old some were!

Also from what I understand (though sure I'll be corrected if wrong) there will always be some lag with both LCD and Plasma TV as the signal usually needs scaling to the panels native rez. (most games are only 720) That's before they have the processing run on them.

Usually a game mode turns off some of the colour processing and the likes (though not the upscaling). I think the Sonys game mode claims less than 30ms. However on the 786 the game mode turns of the smart led lighting - which is the one thing you still want on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts