Russ Andrews Summer Sale

A

Anonymous

Hmm - sad thing is they don't sell anything in which I'd be interested.

idc

Well if you change your mind and they wont ship to France (or have heard about your scepticism and have blacklisted you), let me know and I'll sort out the order for you.
emotion-5.gif
Sadly the Sooloos is not in the sale, but at £7,136.85 for the control and hard drive it is cheaper than I have seen elsewhere.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I just bought a couple of the 'Powerlink' blocks. Arrived today, brilliant quality!

idc

JohnDuncan:Can anybody point me at research which offers proof that 'sales' are actually cheaper?

Only in relation to the RA sale. They send me loads of magazines and brochures and the prices in the sales are definitely lower than usual. This sale however, puts prices back to the same level as earlier in the year, before pretty much everything in their range went up in price.

John Duncan

idc:
JohnDuncan:Can anybody point me at research which offers proof that 'sales' are actually cheaper?

Only in relation to the RA sale. They send me loads of magazines and brochures and the prices in the sales are definitely lower than usual. This sale however, puts prices back to the same level as earlier in the year, before pretty much everything in their range went up in price.

So no peer review then?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:idc:

So no peer review then?

It is true that most sales are not an accurate reflection of savings. Retailers have to have had a product at the higher price for 28 days in order to state a reduction. Many do this very cleverly otherwise places like Carpetright wouldn;t be able to operate ie half their stock at full price and half at 50% off and then swap around. In effect you are just being taken in by a marketing strategy and the carpets you are buying are only worth 50% anyway.

Places like Tesco get in on the act too, 50% off strawberries at £1.99. How many times have you seen them at £3.99? Quite! I bought some half price at Sainsburys the other day at £1.99 and the shop next door was selling them for £1.39 at full price.

I think the only retailer who can guarantee the sale discounts are Argos as everything is there in print.

Only solution is to do your research in the weeks leading up to a sale, and check comparative prices elsewhere.

A

Anonymous

Big Aura:I see TM Lewin have a shirt sale on at the minute, too...

Do you work for the TM Lewin department that makes sure items were in stock at the full price in one store for 28 days...?

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
You are right about carpetright always having a 50% sale. However, I have just bought some carpet of an identical style to some I bought last year. They had an extra 25% off and 10% from a coupon on their website. Both discounts were genuine.

You are also right about Argos. The brochure shows clearly what the price used to be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts