Rotel RSP1570 Surround Sound Processor to partner NAD M25 Power Amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have been eagerly anticipating the release of NAD's M15HD Surround Sound Processor to partner my NAD M25 7-channel Power Amplifier.

It is expected to be released some time possibly March or April next year here in Australia. RRP, I am guesstimating, will be likely around the AUD$6,000.00 mark.

At the moment, I have got an Integra DTR7.8, serving pre-amp duties, and I am in the market for a dedicated pre-amp/Surround Sound Processor.

Rotel's new 15-series will be lobbing in Australia late December this year, and I am possibly interested in the RSP1570, which is a Surround Sound Processor.

What are people's thoughts about a Rotel Surround Sound Processor partnering a NAD Power Amplifier? I understand it is preferable to have both from the same brand and series, if possible, but will the Rotel and NAD provide a good combination?

The RSP1570 is expected to retail in Australia for approximately $3,500.00, which appears extremely good value-for-money.

Dan.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi dantan, you may have to hire a fork lift and take the M25 to a Rotel dealer. I live in Brisbane and have not found a shop that stocks both Rotel and NAd .Long time since ive listened to Rotel so carn't really comment though on nad's web site there is a review somewhere where a rotel av pre-amp was used with the 'T' version of your amp T975 i think they call it and it worked well. The writer made a comment such as "if you can hide the power amp then no-one would know that the jacket does not match the trousers !".........But it worked well apparently....I suppose rotel could be described as the american version of nad.

A

Anonymous

Thanks biggus.

I certainly wouldn't want to cart my M25 anywhere! It took me about half an hour by myself to lift (more like, drag) it from my garage to my lounge only about eight metres away, when I bought and picked it up from my local hi-fi retailer! 43.7kg of Power Amplifier. The boxed weight was a fraction over 50kg, if I remember correctly. All I know was that I was panting immediately afterwards, then I was aching all over for the next 24 hours!

I am from Perth, and have a friendly local retailer which I have bought most of my gear from, who might be kind enough to lend me one when the Rotel RSP1570 arrives.

Dan.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
i borrowed a T163 pre amp a while back and with movies it was really good but with stereo it gave a wide stereo sound but i thought the central image was lacking. a stereo amp was much beter. The t163 wasn't awfulll with stereo just not as good as the nad stereo amps.so foe movies really good. stereo is fine but not outstanding but then you do have that awesome power amp!..if the matching m series pre amp has hdmi in then you could use the t587 bd player anologue out via hdmi for dd true and dts masters etc..You would probabley find the 'old' pre amp at bargin price when hd version is released and still have hd codecs via the hdmi.

A

Anonymous

Thanks mate.

Yes, the new M15HD will have HDMI in, and will have on-board decoding for all the lossless audio formats.

I am probably keen on waiting out and saving for the M15HD.

In terms of stereo play-back, ignore my ignorance (although I am well aware that a 'proper' dedicated stereo system will out-perform a multi-channel one any time), but at the moment, I have a Cyrus CD 8 SE CD Player with RCA analogue interconnects (The Chord Company Anthem 2) to my Integra DTR7.8 (serving as pre-amplifier/processor for now) and then Integra DTR7.8 to NAD M25 Power Amplifier. Obviously, I am utilising the Cyrus's fine on-board Digital-to-Analogue Converters. Can you please kindly tell me what my Integra DTR7.8 is doing, apart from passing through the signals from my Cyrus CD 8 SE CD Player and controlling the volume?

Can my Integra DTR7.8 adversely affect soundstaging, etc?

Dan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts