Rotel RA-1570 and B&W ASW 610 subwoofer connection

xerefey

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hola,

Sorry about saying this but I have no clue about how to connect my SUB ASW610 to my integrated amplifier Rotel RA-1570, especially when I do not see an LFE connection, after reading the ASW610 manual looks like this is as easy as connecting the integrated amplifier LINE OUT connectors to the LINE IN ones at the subwoofer, but APPARENTLY the integrated amplifier does not have any LINE OUT connection unless these are called differently or known as PRE OUT is LINE OUT and PRE OUT the same?

Please advise, there is a lot of recommendations going back and forward but unfortunately no body has been able to give me a concrete answer in regards making my Rotel and the Sub work properly and safely.

Brgds

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
You've been given concrete answers.

Use the pre out from the Rotel. Don't get hung up on the fact that it isn't labelled line out. As I mentioned, pre out is prefereable to line out anyway, because normally, line out only outputs a fixed volume, so changing the volume on the amp wouldn't change the volume on the sub and you'd have to get up and manually adjust the amp separately.

I've never seen a stereo amp with a LFE out. LFE (Low Frequency Effects) is, AFAIK, strictly for home cinema. I think there are some amps with sub out, or sub pre out.

Alternatively, use high level connections (speaker cables) from either the same set of terminals you run to your speakers or the 2nd set of terminals on the back of the Rotel (you'll need to set the Rotel to play both speaker A + B). The manual for the sub gives detailed instructions on how to do this in a number of ways depending on the available speaker terminals and number of subs. There's also plenty of information on it available online with a simple google search. I have different equipment, but I run my sub with high level connections (because I have no sub or pre out. I don't even have a tape or line out).

Many believe that the high level connection is better in terms of integration with the speakers.

Either way, you will need to play around with the sub's settings (crossover, etc.) until you find the settings that work best with your speakers in your room.

xerefey

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Muchas gracias ID i appreciatte the patience and support, BTW you already answered other of my questions i see at the back of the SUB that there is another option such as Low pass filter (in or Out), Bass extension (A,B,C), Eq (A,B), Phase (0 or 180), what about these settings? i have just to "PLAY" with them or is there a recommendation about these based on the way i´m planning to connect them.

Brgds

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts