Rotel ra-05, Marantz PMA7001 or Luxman 550 should go with Usher S-520

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought a pair of Usher S-520, and I mainly listen to the likes of Coldplay, Macy, slow pop music and sometimes jazz and country music. But I can not choose which is the best among those amplifiers. They have similar prices, except for the Luxman which is $100 cheaper than the others.

Please advise,

Thanks

Ta

A

Anonymous

My choice would be the Rotel RA-05. The Marantz PM7001 is just too mushy for my taste. The Luxman, I've not listened to.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice.

I love the simplicity and the reasonable price of Rotel. The problem is that the speakers are suggested to go with an amplifier of more than 50w per ch whilst Ra-05 has only 40w for each channel. So I guess it won't have enough power to drive the bass.

I'm just newbie, so please help

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I now have the Rotel RA-04 (the same as the RA-05 but without the remote) but I had the PM7001 before that. The strange thing is that the Rotel sounds much more powerful than the Marantz. It really has no problem driving all kinds of speakers.

Also, the Rotel is much, much better. Tighter bass, accurate sound and the music is much more alive.

tounra

Sep 25, 2007
Visit site
One vote for the Marantz.
Its sound is understated and non-fatiguing.
I agree the Marantz sounds less powerful than the Rotel, but in my opinion it is just more 'musical' and less 'hifi' than the Rotel, with this I mean it doesn't emphasize anything, it just lets the music through.

A

Anonymous

tounra:One vote for the Marantz.
I agree the Marantz sounds less powerful than the Rotel, but in my opinion it is just more 'musical' and less 'hifi' than the Rotel, with this I mean it doesn't emphasize anything, it just lets the music through.
Without wanting to sound attacking, IMO the Rotel sounds more musical and the Marantz more hifi. But hey, it's all about perceptions :)

A

Anonymous

tounra:One vote for the Marantz.
Without wanting to sound attacking, IMO the Rotel sounds more musical and the Marantz more hifi. But hey, it's all about perceptions :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your opinions. I've decided to go for the Rotel.

It'd be ideal to have a Rotel CDP too but I'm short of budget. So any suggestion for a cheaper CDP that can match with the RA-05 and my style of music will be appreciated.

Ta

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts