Rotel RA-04 or Marantz PM6002?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey, i am currently deciding between a Rotel RA-04 or a Marantz PM6002. I cannot make up my mind, i was wondering which is the better. Better specifically for me, This amp is for a very small bedroom, and I will play vinyls and CD's perhaps out to a pair of Bronze BR2 speakers. The type of music I am in to is Pixies and Radiohead, so i would like the best amp and speaker combination with this genre in mind if it makes any difference. Thanks very much already
emotion-2.gif
now i am going to make some carrot soup. xxx

A

Anonymous

ubercooldave:Hey, i am currently deciding between a Rotel RA-04 or a Marantz PM6002. I cannot make up my mind, i was wondering which is the better. Better specifically for me, This amp is for a very small bedroom, and I will play vinyls and CD's perhaps out to a pair of Bronze BR2 speakers. The type of music I am in to is Pixies and Radiohead, so i would like the best amp and speaker combination with this genre in mind if it makes any difference. Thanks very much already
emotion-2.gif
now i am going to make some carrot soup. xxx

Personally, the Rotel would match those speakers better than the Marantz. I think it's got more verve too.

A

Anonymous

I agree. I would personally go for the Rotel-RA04 too, and it makes and excellent match for the MA BR2's - I had these and they were great.

A

Anonymous

ahh cheers guys thanks! my room is very small, so the 40w of the Rotel means i wont blow the roof off, but i reckon it will be plent of sound for the size of room and 60w of the Marantz would be too much...

A

Anonymous

oh, and another thing... could anyone suggest a good supplier for the Rotel RA-04 in the UK? :D

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
ubercooldave:ahh cheers guys thanks! my room is very small, so the 40w of the Rotel means i wont blow the roof off, but i reckon it will be plent of sound for the size of room and 60w of the Marantz would be too much...

I own a Rotel RA-04 and you'll be surprised how powerful it sounds.........

A

Anonymous

Haha, the 40W Rotel AKA the 60W Rotel! They don't half kick out some power for their ratings those RA series amps. You could try calling Lintone Audio to see what price they could do it for you. Failing that Sevenoaks have always been a good call. See what price they'll do the RA06 for too as it has a bit more up it's sleeve in terms of bass control. If no discount then hedge for an interconnect. Good luck.

A

Anonymous

Ahh sure i will check them out thanks. i hope this set up of a Rotel RA06 and BR2 speakers will outperform my current set up of a technics SU-V2 and KEF celeste 3 speakers. Would it be worth getting an active sub for watching movies and perhaps music for better bass response?

A

Anonymous

Okay well the only shop i can find both the Rotel RA-04 and Monitor Audio BR2's in is the Sevenoaks (thanks for the suggestion!) and i plan to phone up and go to the southampton branch some time soon. Are sevenoaks quite firm on their pricing or are they quite flexible with discounts? I am worried their prices might not be that good seeings as they dont advertise them on their website...

A

Anonymous

My experience of 7Oaks is no more than 10% unless there's a special sale on. Personally, I'd speak about possible prices before even setting foot in the shop. See what they can do given that you'd take two products. If it's reasonable then close the deal with a listen. Alternatively, there's one or two of the RA series on ebay. Good luck.

A

Anonymous

Hey,

I can only agree with what the others had to say, and would most certainly of all go for the Rotel.

I've just recently bought my setup and after rigorous testing of both the PM6002 and RA-04, it was crystal clear which one was the better amp. IMO, the marantz is no contest for the Rotel.

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts