Roksan Reliabilty

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, just wanted to ask how reliable Roksan products are. The reason for asking is that my local hifi dealer has a Roksan Kandy K2 on display. I've had a demo of it and thought the sound was fantastic. However, I noticed that the display on this particular demo model was badly faded. I asked about it and was told that the unit had been sent for repairs quite a few times. This then totally put me off Roksan products altogether.

It was great that my local hifi shop was totally honest about it and didn't try to hide anything etc etc. However when I read reviews about Roksan products, they are reviewed so well that it just must be a one off bad unit ?

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I had a kc1 cdp and the display was so dim it was virtually unreadable unless you were in a dark room or about 12 inches away. However, sound not affected at all.
I hope it's not a common trait as I've just got an ex demo k2. Tbh though the Roksan display is too complicated don't look at it anyway.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Have a K2 integrated and power amp and have had no problems,there was a problem with the previous Kandy Mk111 amp,there is a lengthy thread about it on this forum if you do a search. Henley/Roksan did their best to sort it out and although it is disappointing to get a faulty unit their customer service was excellent.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
We've found the reliability on K2 and the new Caspian M2 range to be very good and much better than the older Kandy (MkIII and Liii) range. Roksan have been very efficient in sorting out any problems in the past, which should give you some peace of mind.

rymidd

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
mine has gone wrong twice first the speaker holes were to wide so it was replaced by the shop then the new one was sometimes staying warm in standby and was sent for repair. which they updated the firmware and is now fine.

Cpt.Issues

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
My Roksan Kandy MKIII amp is about 4 years old, no complaints whatsoever. Although I brought it second hand so didn't own it for all that time..

rymidd

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
any product can go wrong is how they deal with that counts roksan were fine sent back with in a week to me with no problems, all well packed no marks or signs it was opened.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts