Roksan Kandy mk3 & Cyrus CD8x

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there is there anyone that reckons the Cyrus CD8x would be a good partner for the roksan Kandy amp that I already have? I also have the B&W 685 speakers. Originally the Cyrus CD8x was out of my budget but due to the release of the new SE edition the price has dropped & is now within budget so i'm seriously considering it. I was originally looking at the Kandy CD player & Rega Apollo & have decided that one of these three CD players I will eventually go with.

Any advice at all is very welcome.

Thanks

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
hi mate, i recently auditioned the roksan kandy cd and amp combo and it sounded seriously sweet. then i tried the new cyrus cd6se (£800) and it was amazing at picking out the detail of the tracks i played. my advice would be, if £650 is your absolute max, go for the kandy, but, if you can, save a little longer and go for the cyrus, cos it is the new king at that price.

A

Anonymous

I had a Cyrus CD8x partnered to my Roksan Kandy LIII amp and it wasn't a good combination - too lean and too bright. The Rega Apollo is a better fit, sonically, in my system.

MF is another good partner for the Kandy LIII - I had an A3 and it was a good match.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts