Roksan Kandy LIII and Dali Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey all,

After spending a few hours in the demo room I had pretty much decided on getting the Naim Nait 5i combo with Neat Motive 2 speakers, which I loved, however after an unexpected expense with the house I had to dip into my Hi fi fund. I should now hopefully be able to afford the Naim combo in a few months time however have started to look around again at other slightly cheaper alternatives that I could afford sooner.

Was looking at on creative audio who have good deals on the Roksan Kandy LIII with various Dali speakers and wondered what people thought of this combo. They have the following deals each coming with QED Qunex 2 interconnect and 2 x 5m of QED Silver Anniversary bi-wire speaker cable with Mk1 Airloc plugs.

Kandy LIII CD and Amp plus Dali Ikon 2 - 1449

Kandy LIII CD and Amp plus Dali Ikon 5 - 1575

Kandy LIII CD and Amp plus Dali Ikon 6 - 1749

I have been trying to find somewhere local that stocks both Roksan and Dali to give them a listen but places seem to stock either one or the other (I live near Guildford). I listen to all sorts of music from Pink Floyd and AC/DC to Paul Weller and Jack Johnson (anything bar dance and classical to be honest)

How would the above suit by taste in music and are there any other combos that anyone could recommend me listening to before spending my hard earned? Already listened to the Naim 5i and Cyrus 8 and 8se set ups

thanks in advance

Darren

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Kandy LIII CD and Amp plus Dali Ikon 2 - 1449

I had the above set up about 2 years ago when the L111 first came out and actually bought from Creative Audio - good shop good people can't fault the service.

The above set up i used in my bedroom and really enjoyed - very clear sound and does work really well together with all types of music. Never heard the Naim so can't comment on how they would compare but for the money i think its a good buy!

Don't just buy online call the store and talk to someone see if they will throw in any extras interconnects ect

A

Anonymous

Matengawhat - thanks for the reply. The above price includes QED Silver Spiral interconnect and 2 x 5m of QED Silver Anniversary bi-wire speaker cable with Mk1 Airloc plugs.

My room is quite small (13ft by 13ft) and due to living in a terraced house don't listen to my music overly loud!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Sorry missed the interconnect bit - i live in a mid terrace as well if you want this system to rock it will but reason why i had it in my bedroom was because it was super clear in the midrange even at low volumes - i don't know what you had before but this was a big step up from my Arcam Alpha 7CD 8 Amp and pair of mission speakers.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
No matter what your musical preferences are, that system will undoubtedly hurt your ear. Stick to your Naim and Neat I think it will be worth the wait. If you are looking to spend less money, try the Rega R3's instead of the Neat Motive's. It's a great setup.ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Whilst the Ikon 6 sounds absolutely sublime with Jack Johnson and the like (and dance), it's at its weakest with rock in my opinion. Don;t get me wrong I love them to bits. But I listen to very little rock. The strength of the Dalis is in the midrange and tweeter areas, clarity, detail etc, I think you would find them too revealing with rock as they show up bed recordings for what they are.

A

Anonymous

I listened to this the Kandy Llll and dali icon 6 speakers conected with silver sprial interconnects and xtube 300 speaker cable last year and decided against it as I thought it sounded a bit bright and i wasnt overly impressed with the display on the cd player which is a bit petty I know. I spent some time listening to naim last weekend and have to say that it was very impressive with rock music if I was you I would wait and get what you really want it will be worth it in the long run

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice everyone. Think I may just wait the extra few months and get the Naim (i'm just getting impatient!!) Will definately give the Regas a try as well though, they stock them at my local shop where I listened to the naim so getting a demo to compare them to the neats will be easy. Would rather wait a little longer and get it right (its alot of money and I want to be keeping it for a while!)

Darren

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts