Roksan Kandy L111 vs K2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I auditioned a Roksan Kandy K2 today with Leema Xero, AVI Neutrons V and MA RX1 speakers. I loved it. It sounded very good with all three speakers. I preferred it to the Cyrus 6XP with all three speakers.

As it happens, I have the opportunity to pick up a Roksan Kandy L111 in good condition less than half the price of the new K2. However I can't audition it.

My question is: How different is the L111 and K2? If they are quite similar I will get the L111 for sure. Great sounds at a great price. If they are quite different, I will get the K2 because I can't audition the L111.

Many thanks for your thoughts!

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
To my ears the Kandy K2 is a more transparent and more detailed machine. It was a major revision and not just a cosmetic change after all. The difference in price should be a little closer now Roksan decided to reduce the K2 CD and K2 amp by £150 each.

RJT:

Hi all,

I auditioned a Roksan Kandy K2 today with Leema Xero, AVI Neutrons V and MA RX1 speakers. I loved it. It sounded very good with all three speakers. I preferred it to the Cyrus 6XP with all three speakers.

As it happens, I have the opportunity to pick up a Roksan Kandy L111 in good condition less than half the price of the new K2. However I can't audition it.

My question is: How different is the L111 and K2? If they are quite similar I will get the L111 for sure. Great sounds at a great price. If they are quite different, I will get the K2 because I can't audition the L111.

Many thanks for your thoughts!

Really depends which speakers you decide on. Both machines are very good: If you plump for MA speakers, I would be tempted to buy the LIII. Here's why: The K2, with MAs does tend to lean on the soft side. It's good machine and well worth the money, whereas the LIII is more boistrous machine and tends to convey the bass a little better.

The K2, overall, is a better machine but with MAs I would swing towards the LIII. It would do a better job IMHO. (The LIII is much nicer on the eyes).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts