Roksan Kandy KA 1 MK 111 Amp No Sound???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,i'm hoping someone can give me some advice on what the problem might be,my roksan kandy amp has no sound after i wired some speakers up i got off ebay, they are bi-wired and at first one of the speakers was fine the other was really quiet,i swaped the wires round and still had the same problem,then i got no sound at all,so i got my old yamaha amp wired that up and it was switching its self off,i then noticed the gold contacts for single wire set up were still on the speakers so i took them off and the speakers are know working fine,would this of coursed some thing in the roksan amp to blow? it switces on fine and goes on all presets,any advice would be gratefull and is it likely to be expensive? many thanks Steve

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
There is a good chance that you have blown the protection fuse. This tends to be soldered in place and unless you can change it your self (safely)with the right equipment I would take it in for repair. The same thing happened to me with this amp changing speakers and I only got charged £10. Ask the engineer if he can add a fuse holder so you can change yourself if it ever happens again.

Good luck!

Paul

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
woozie said:
Hi all,i'm hoping someone can give me some advice on what the problem might be,my roksan kandy amp has no sound after i wired some speakers up i got off ebay, they are bi-wired and at first one of the speakers was fine the other was really quiet,i swaped the wires round and still had the same problem,then i got no sound at all,so i got my old yamaha amp wired that up and it was switching its self off,i then noticed the gold contacts for single wire set up were still on the speakers so i took them off and the speakers are know working fine,would this of coursed some thing in the roksan amp to blow? it switces on fine and goes on all presets,any advice would be gratefull and is it likely to be expensive? many thanks Steve

THOSE DAMN SPEAKER LINKS! Well happened to me as well, but the cambridge audio amp had a protection circuit which saved me a lot of money. I left the amp disconnected from the mains over night and then powered it the next day. Suggest you do the same. It might be cheap if its just a matter of getting the amp out of "protection mode" but might be expensive if you blew something in there, well no harm trying my remedy and getting a quote from the dealers.

Best of Luck,

Shafin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts